Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I bought a 147 just under a week ago! The car is stunning and i love it, but i have this issue with the keys!

The main key worked fine intailly unlocking/locking the car etc. but the previous owner did tell me the battery was on the way out. Anyway it stopped working, so i changed the battery and it still does not work!!! I'm getting a single flash on the LED and thats it.

I did unlock the car manually and set the alsrm off but turned it off by putting the key in the ignition to MAR position. Is this a return to the dealer fix?

Can anyone help this inexperienced Alfa owner please???

Thanks Noddy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Noddy,

I'm new to Alfas too - had my 147 for about a month now.

I had exactly the same issue and I checked all the posts I could find on this site - everyone says it's a dealer only fix.

I got 2 new keys (as the old one was falling apart) supplied & coded by the dealer...For £250! Work a treat now, though.

If your key(s) are still in OK condition, you should be able to just re-code them, and should only charge you labour, so you should be able to get them done for less than £50. If you need new keys, then they're £100 each.

Hope this is useful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts