Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

After the advice received on here, I purchased the full license for FiatECUScan to carry out a Proxi Alignment on my Alfa 147 and it worked great! Hurray!

Everything apart from the Dashboard node, that is... it says failed timeout when I try and Proxi Align it. I also cannot connect to it to read faults or reset my service interval. When I try and do this it says Elm327 -> ECU Connection Failure. I know for a fact that my serial settings are correct so is there no problems there...

The strange thing is, before I bought the full version (still running on 3.4) I could connect to my dashboard fine, but being the limited version I couldn't reset the service interval then either.

This has turned from annoyance to worry now as I am thinking that there could be something seriously wrong in my CAN line, please if anyone has an idea do share!

Thanks in advance, Mike.

M

·
0 Posts
Some cables are not compatible with certain modules or need pins shorted to access a particular function...

FES website will say if elm is compatible with that module on your car and if you need to short pins

John

·
Registered
185 Posts
Join the forum over at fiatecuscan and start a thread there. Yani will help you eventually. Send the report after your session and he will be able to advise you :thumbs:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your quick replies.

I started a thread over on the FiatECUScan Forums last week when I first had the problem and I sent a report then too. Heard nothing back yet but I'll keep checking...

I have two different ELM cables which should be able to access the dash, what's weird is that it did work once - but then never again?!

I have a feeling the dash was replaced in 2009 but I am not sure, could that cause it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just bump your thread, Yani is quite busy but he got round to my problem after about 2 weeks and it was fixed in the new build.

I had a similar problem, my dashboard node always made my proxi alignment fail and it was all down to baud rates, try a few different settings and see if that works

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lovely cheers.
I'll get on the case this evening with the baud rates - and thanks for the bump!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts