Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I own an Alfa MiTo Lusso, 1.4 16v, the non turbo one
my old dipstick rusted and snapped, fortunately I got it out, however it wasn't until yesterday when I checked my oil with my new dipstick, I couldn't see any on the dipstick (car was still war after 20 mile drive). I added less than a litre of oil, and my car has now got symptoms of overfilling with oil, which leads me to believe my car hasn't got the right length dipstick.
the dipstick I ordered was obviously labelled for my car, but it seems odd.

would anyone be able to tell me the length of the dipstick for my model? Can't find the information anywhere.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
If you can be bothered, drain the oil from the engine, no need to remove oil filter, but change it if you wish. In the manual see how much oil the engine takes without oil change (or with filter change if you have), now if the oil you drained is still fairly fresh you can reuse it (or change to fresh) measure out the correct amount using an accurate jug, don't forget to put the sump plug back in, fill the engine with that oil and see where it comes on the dip stick after running the engine and allowing to stand for a while. See if the level is correctly shown on the dip stick with the car on level ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts