Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, once again I have to tap the experience and knowledge of the guys on this forum.

Since I got my gtv twinnie about 2 years ago I have had the problem that I hear a rattle and a clank comming from my rear left wheel area when ever I go over a rough bit of tarmac.

I have replaced the shock but that has not resolved the problem. So this past weekend I took the wheel off and did a thorough inspecting of everything. I eventually found that the rubber between the coil spring and the arm that it is running over has perished and I believe that it is the coil spring touching the arm is the orrigin of the noise. I also saw that most of the rubbers between the torque arms etc seems perrished.

I have searched the forum for help around this but maybe I don't have the correct naming for this part or I haven't searched hard enough. So therefore the reason for my post.

My question is:

I want to replace all the rubbers on the axel and torque arm etc. Is there a kit that you can buy to do this and what would you call this.

Is this a normal problem or is there something else the matter which causes most of the rubbers in this area to perrish.

Can you buy them loose and where?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Powerflex kit is what is required. Easily attainable in Uk but no idea where you would get them in SA.
I believe Alfisti.net ship there? And they have the best price for a full kit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a mil guys. Had a look at their site. Definately what I need.
But I dont c the rubber between the coil and the arm it runs over?
It doesnt look like it from the pick?
How big a job is it to change?
Do u need special tools like a press or so?
Thanks again!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Do you mean the rubber thrust ring that the coil spring sits on in the spring pan or the old rubber bushes that are best replaced with powerflex bushes ? have a look at Eper and look at the exploded parts diagram for the GTV. The thrust rings are only available from main dealers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts