Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17" 17"

eek! :D eek! :D

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
i dont really like his alloys Jamie, so i would keep yours cause they look cool imo :)

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I like the originals best, then your current ones, and then somewhere a long way down the list the Max Power ones he wants to get shut of.

Personally I would save up and get some GTA replicas.

Classic wheel on a classic car.
wink

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have to disagree, Rick....
Though usually we agree on wheel choice ( wink ), the classic GTA wheel would only look good on a real classic, like a Bertie or a Boattail....

On Jamies car I think I like his current wheels best, but I might need to see a better picture.... His original wheels are, though nothing spectacular, well suited for the S4! :cool:

The ones he's offering you know look very very much like a set of Ronal wheels often seen on Golf IV's.... don't you ever dare put them on your beautiful Spider, Jamie! naughty

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Amsterdavid:
<strong>I have to disagree, Rick....
Though usually we agree on wheel choice ( wink ), the classic GTA wheel would only look good on a real classic, like a Bertie or a Boattail....
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe Dave.
The car in the pic is a tweaked '68 Boattail Sex Machine, and the wheels look mighty fine.
Maybe on Jamie's plastic surgery model, they are not quite as appropriate.
wink

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I would stick with the 15" wheels you have already.

They suit the car much better than the 17" wheels.

Have you driven his car? I imagine the ride is somewhat harsh. Older designs of suspension were not designed around low profile tyres.

Even some of the guys with 147/156 complain about the ride with low profile tyres.

Beautiful looking car btw.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Why does he want to swap his wheels in the first place? Does he not like their look or their ride? I'm with the rest of the crew. Take a ride in his car and feel the difference the larer wheels make. You might not like it.

I think my instincts say to stick with what you've got. At least until I see a better picture of his. I think I like the style, but a close-up shot would be nice.

I do have to ask, why change from your originals in the first place?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts