Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Alfa 159 Lusso 16V JTDM (deisel) please can anyone tell me what's come off here? (See pics). It looks like it's either a little orange hose or a cap. What's it for and what's it called?? It's obvs to do with coolant since as it blew off, I don't have any in the engine any more! What is it and where can I get one please?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How's this

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How's this

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Aha - Got it. Thanks.

My JTDM is 2018 and I'm wondering whether this is the same where they changed it to a blanking cap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not an expert by any means but for anyone who's interested, or wants to comment, since this is a cap what I've done for a temporary fix is to plug the hole with a tek screw and a compression washer, bled the system and run the engine for 20 minutes. I'll give the car a bit of a run tomorrow and let you know what happens.

J

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quick update: Well I only did 10 miles but I got a chance to warm the engine and put my foot down a bit and everything seems fine - cross fingers.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
That looks like the water feed that runs through the manifold and into the head, on the ally manifolds its a brass fitting that is part of the manifold.
I've only taken 1 plastic manifold off and that was a long time ago so cant remember if its part of the manifold or the pipe.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
It is just a plastic tube from coolant way in head/manifold it’s part of the manifold and does not really serve a purpose.

mine broke off when removing manifold so I blocked it off manifold side before refitting. Never had an issue in 15k miles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts