Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have been offered this gtv but i was just wodnering if anyone had either been to see it or used to own it? i was on ebaya few days ago but didnt meet the reserve. The guy that owns it offered it to me for 800 but im hoping to knock him down on it....I know the areas to check ie suspension,belts etc but i just needed your thoughts! It comes with hardly any Service History!! The owner is a bit vague on it too especially when coming to answer questions! He seems to think it runs well though! So.....Yay or Nay!! its only 20mins away so no harm looking!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330336166473&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for the sake of a 20 min drive over to have a look i would say you have nothing to lose, and possibly a lot to gain.

20 mins from Torbay, where are you then?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just near Taunton! Prob a bit longer than 20mins actually!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just near Taunton! Prob a bit longer than 20mins actually!
no more than 30 mins....

Its a basic spec car, no aircon, if you are going to be in Portugal as per your location then that would be a big issue i would imagine.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im mooving back! so will be in the uk from next week!Im thinking its gonna maybe cost an extra 500 fro belts to be safe so maybe im better off going for one that costs a bit more but already had things done.
Im gonna get some hammerite on the sills...if i get it!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not to put a dampner on things joey but there isnt any pics of the near side of the car and when he took the photo of the interior the drivers seat bolster isnt in the picture. the interior looks clean.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep i noticed that too about the near side...wonder why?he said the baody was in good condition so maybe its just faded? i emailed about the seats,he said they are in "exellent condition!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
those half leather seats were hard wearing and very comfy, my first GTV had them...

The wheels look nice, just check to see if he is using spacers and what sort of size, and check tyre wear, for some reason larger tyres seem to show tyre wear up a lot more...

is there any history on the rear suspension?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi joey, i still dont lke them side sills:)
it's a phase one they were all like that....

Ironically i prefer them with the black sills, if you were going to paint them i would recommend getting them done by a body shop, the look will be a lot better and they wont charge the earth ;)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
yep i noticed that too about the near side...wonder why?he said the baody was in good condition so maybe its just faded? i emailed about the seats,he said they are in "exellent condition!!
What's going on with the gear stick and the hand brake? Also so the tire's/wheels not look very small or something, I bet it's a bit of a rough ride.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true about the sills! i hate them in black,1st thing to do is paint them.But i will be doing it myself! but any suggestions on how? is there such a thing as a permanant silver marker?to do the script!im ok with the paint for the sills just worried about the script!
No history i dont think!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont think hes using spacers as the rear wheels look a bit in for spacers.They do look massive though! 18s? either way im not keen on them so if i do get her i might sell them!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's going on with the gear stick and the hand brake? Also so the tire's/wheels not look very small or something, I bet it's a bit of a rough ride.
aftermarket gaitors, i notices he has the 'chrome' dash kit on there as well...

the wheels look to be 17's, bet they have 215/45x17's on them, which is standard fitment for most alloy wheel suppliers, and the car hasn't been lowered, hence the 4x4 look :lol

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
true about the sills! i hate them in black,1st thing to do is paint them.But i will be doing it myself! but any suggestions on how? is there such a thing as a permanant silver marker?to do the script!im ok with the paint for the sills just worried about the script!
No history i dont think!
i would use a plastic primer on them, if you don't it will crack and look crap in weeks....

a decent bright silver touch up pen will do the trick there, try and find a nice brightly coloured silver car remember the age and spec, go to halfords they have a book there that has the manufacturer, model and year :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Allum dash actually Jay!! :p Sorry! i actually had it on my old gtv and its the best cosmetic enhancer on that dull interior!!
Good tip with the pen....ill remember it...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
actually i noticed that most P1 gtv's with big wheels have a 4x4 look! i had this problem with my silver gtv,got the sills sprayed silver and it looked normal! ill see if i can did out some before and after shots!
Iv decided to go for this gtv! god help me!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi joey there might be a few car park dings on the near side, nothing to worry about, easy fix.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
what a nice shade of Alfa pink ... ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts