Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After one thing and another this year I have to raise some capital (I'm poor) and the only asset I have (apart from my loveliness) is the Alfa.

I've had a brief affair with this Alfa and done a lot of work on it (Alfa Workshop). As a car, I like it but it now has squeaky rear brake syndrome and I can't afford to get it repaired nor tax it.

I put it on Autotrader for 2 weeks for £1250 ono and there was no interest so I take it from that I'm asking too much. Should I have one last ditch on Autotrader and try and sell it for £900? If it doesn't sell it's going to be an ebay sale which I'm not keen on. Does anyone know if a garage would take it to sell 'on behalf of a customer'? Or just take it off me? I'm thinking worst case scenario here obviously.

Worst case scenario would be to give it to the scrap man!!

This is what my Alfa has to offer:
2000 W reg, 146 1.8 TS, 73,3000 miles, MOT June 09, tax end of this month. Cambelt, variator, timer, service, two new tyres, crank sensor (all from Alfa Workshop). She's dark red with air con and everything else works fine (apart from the squeaky rear wheel/pad issue which kicks in after 15 miles and goes away after I've stopped for 15 minutes).

Any ideas would be great :thumbs:
By the way I get 400 miles out of the tank but then I pootle in it...

Thanks x x

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm having problems shifting my 156 for less than that! Car prices have taken a dip! :(

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah, car prices are slumped, 146's are hardly fetching £800 for minters nowadays. Not because they aren't worth the extra money, but because no one's buying.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks peeps, at least I know it's not me and my pants marketing skills.

I don't really want to sell it and move to public transport but needs must..... On the plus side I think there's always a solution and while I still have the Alfa I still get to stroke it mmmmm :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts