Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there my 156 is playing up had a throttle position sensor air flow meter had diagnostic all code's clear the rev's keep going up then back down and pulling back any help would be nice many thanks /or is there someone in shropshire that could fix it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more when warm driving along take your foot off the gas and it will pull back had it looked at 3 time's now and can not find wot's up

·
Registered
121 Posts
Reliable garage?. Not unknown not to replace components properly. Do the revs really jump up and down, or is it more of a dipping when stopping etc. Does it improve at all with the air con on?, asking because my 1.8 TS had this and it was most deffo the air mass sensor, and there was a noticable change with a/c on, don't know why. What did the codes say?
Gadj.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would this not show up on a diagnostic test and where will i find the lambda switch and ruff cost thanks dave

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
would this not show up on a diagnostic test and where will i find the lambda switch and ruff cost thanks dave
not always and its not a switch :cheese: your car needs looking at by someone who knows what he is doing .................

right 1st things first ....... on pipe between air flow meter and intake is a hose ...take that off and check for splits ...if none..... check how clean your throttle body is. ie no gunk or tar deposits ,if their present clean it with choke and carb cleaner and then replace and make sure clips are tight...
2 ... did you replace MAF (air flow meter ) with genuine bosch unit???????

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no. just rev's to 2500 when started up in morning then go's up /down and pull's back more when warm but like i say if i floor it it's fine

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
check pipe after throttle body ie small bore ,,you may have an air leak and ecu is trying to control it , my advice is get it into an indie to look it over as he will probabl;y go straight to your problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree, as the chap says its sounds like the Throttle Body need cleaning. you can do this easily yourself. Just be careful when easing the flap open - dont force it open too much as this can mess up the idling revs. Gently clean around the housing with a clean cloth.
My 156 was the same, you'll be surprised - even a small amount of dirt in there will cause the problems your having. Saved myself about 150 quid and that was for a second hand TB supply & fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts