1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evenin all

hoping someone can shed some light :(

looking at a possible purchase on a 147 JTD but things dont seem right on model

its a facelift 2005, which on a text reg check thing coming up as a JTD Lusso... its advertised as a 150bhp... but with 5 gears.. that bit made me question him as i thought 140/150bhp come with 6 speed standard.

he said his local alfa garage has told him its 150. obviously i wont take it from them/him that it is and i can find out what bhp it is at my garage from their auto data systems but i wanted to know if all the facelift models were JTD m-jet's?

can you get the earlier 8v JTD (the 100 or 115bhp) with the facelift?

a big influence on me buying any jtd is the bhp as im looking to remap/chip/tune whatever you want to call it and theres only few specs im interested in, either older 8v JTD (115bhp) or the 16v 140/150bhp

cheers folks

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Hi,I'm not sure about model years but I'm pretty sure all of the 16 valve 140/150 engines came with a 6 speed box and the 8 valve engines used the 5 speed box, my 2003 156 8 valve did
Its easy to tell the 8v or 16 valve engines apart, the 8 valve has the oil filler cap at the cam belt end where as the 16 valve has it at the gearbox end of the engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers jon, got a feeling its the 8v especially as its only 5speed. in a way i hope it is the lower model as in a pratical sense i should avoid it, especially on mileage as its quite high but as its the facelift im being sucked into it looks and not thinking straight!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers tim

in a predicament now!! its the model ive been looking for, bonus as facelift, black, 3 door & leather but high miles for '05 at 130k.. want to walk away but pretty good price & too tempting.. doh!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that'll be me so i can remap my poxy 8v 115 version to more torque than a remapped 120, not far short of a 140 or 150 and if done right same as a GT 3.2 :cheese:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
then i dont think it'll be a fair fight once i'm remapped lol! tho i could be wrong (but im a woman so i doubt it, and even if i was wrong id still argue till we agree im right :rant: !!)

·
Banned
173 Posts
I've often thought of re-mapping mine, although I am not un-happy with the power I get out of it anyway. What has stopped me so far is initially the warranty (which it is now out of) and the increase in insurance - does anyone know whether they really load it after a re-map or whether it is a slight tweak in premiums?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My standard 115 bhp apart from the cat removed and egr blanked off with about 100k miles gave 136bhp when I had the chance to put it on a rolling road.
No tuning box or remap..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts