Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new here and would value your opinion as I need to choose my car by 3rd August 2011 (only 5 days away!).

I have decided on opting for the Giulietta as a company car. However, I have limited budget. I am undecided on which option to go for. What is certain is that I am going for -
Veloce
8c Red
Dark tinted windows
Heated front seats
and 18 inch alloys

However, do I go for the (a) 170bhp with leather/microfibre seats or (b) 140bhp with full leather sports seats? This is the question!

I have been swaying from left to right all week but cannot decide. However, I am begining to sway to the 170bhp simply because having that extra zip is not a bad thing, the BIK difference will not be much of a factor in 2012/13, and I have never been that bothered about opting for full leather seats before. However, with such a nice car, spec and importantly the 8c red colour, would it look a bit strange and cheap to have half leather/half cloth seats?

Your comments would be most welcome.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
However, with such a nice car, spec and importantly the 8c red colour, would it look a bit strange and cheap to have half leather/half cloth seats?

I don't think that the half leather looks at all cheap. Besides people will be too busy looking at the outside to worry about the inside :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi all,

I am new here and would value your opinion as I need to choose my car by 3rd August 2011 (only 5 days away!).

I have decided on opting for the Giulietta as a company car. However, I have limited budget. I am undecided on which option to go for. What is certain is that I am going for -
Veloce
8c Red
Dark tinted windows
Heated front seats
and 18 inch alloys

However, do I go for the (a) 170bhp with leather/microfibre seats or (b) 140bhp with full leather sports seats? This is the question!
My Veloce is Grey 170 dark tints heated seats (full leather) now I would say full leather and 170bhp if you can stretch with red calipers.... that said I wish I had 18`s but I got caught up in the configerator glitch that said you couldnt order 18`s and red calipers together (alfa lost a couple of quid there)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Half leather is more sporty so you have a grip on the seat in the bends. For me the choice was obvious :).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Agreed.
The seats aren't very 'deep' I find, so the microfibre seems to grip you more.

Unless you're naked.. then you'd stick to the leather.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Leather is a rubbish material for cars with any sporty pretensions.

Slippery in corners, heavy, hot in summer, cold in winter, expensive, looks tatty too quickly and is made from bits of Bluebell.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think you don't know what being on a budget is:) I wish I could afford the 8C Red...

Either way, go for the half leather and 170hp. The seats looks great and you don't have to worry about the seat being too cold or too hot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi all,

Veloce
8c Red
Dark tinted windows
Heated front seats
and 18 inch alloys

I have been swaying from left to right all week but cannot decide. However, I am begining to sway to the 170bhp simply because having that extra zip is not a bad thing, the BIK difference will not be much of a factor in 2012/13, and I have never been that bothered about opting for full leather seats before. However, with such a nice car, spec and importantly the 8c red colour, would it look a bit strange and cheap to have half leather/half cloth seats?

Your comments would be most welcome.

Thanks
I have the standard half leather QV interior and I can tell you one thing, if they offered me the full leather along with paying me to get it I wouldn't. Try getting your back and *** on full leather at a hot Greek day, you don't want to do that & the half leather looks pro anyhow. Besides that don't compromise on the engine for stupid gadgets if you ask me. Engine is the ubergadget of the car :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Leather is a rubbish material for cars with any sporty pretensions.

Slippery in corners, heavy, hot in summer, cold in winter, expensive, looks tatty too quickly and is made from bits of Bluebell.
Rubbish! The leather you can spec on the Giulietta is of a very high quality and it's perforated (red & black seats with red stitching) so you wont sweat like a pig in the sommertime. Ive done 10.000km in mine now, and the seats still look like new, you just have to treat them once in a while with a cleaner and some condionter.

And since when have leather been 'heavy'?

·
Registered
35 Posts
having got a Veloce 170, with half leather I'm MORE than happy with it, but sort of wish I'd gone for full leather, but would rather have the extra power than posher seats cos you can't see them once your sat on them ;-)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Rubbish! The leather you can spec on the Giulietta is of a very high quality and it's perforated (red & black seats with red stitching) so you wont sweat like a pig in the sommertime. Ive done 10.000km in mine now, and the seats still look like new, you just have to treat them once in a while with a cleaner and some condionter.

And since when have leather been 'heavy'?

I've seen the test Giulietta with red leather in June last year (so it couldn't have been used THAT much) and the seats looked already just AWFUL.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've seen the test Giulietta with red leather in June last year (so it couldn't have been used THAT much) and the seats looked already just AWFUL.
Why is that ??? I have a red interior on my 156 which I loooooooooovvvveeeeee and even after 12 years still looks the goods !!! I am seriously thinking of ordering it again on the GQV - in fact I am insisting on it

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Compare the leather on your 156 and Giulietta. The one in G is soft, nice in touch, but definitely more prone to wear&tear.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Compare the leather on your 156 and Giulietta. The one in G is soft, nice in touch, but definitely more prone to wear&tear.
Ta - yeah I have heard that also. Not so much of a concern for me as the bambinos are now grown up so no more taxi service. And the G will do about 5,000 kms/pa compared to the average 15,000 kms/pa of the 156

That neoprene feels very ...............synthetic

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ta - yeah I have heard that also. Not so much of a concern for me as the bambinos are now grown up so no more taxi service. And the G will do about 5,000 kms/pa compared to the average 15,000 kms/pa of the 156

That neoprene feels very ...............synthetic
Despite that I personally suggest as well the half leather so you can have some piece of mind. Trust me it looks cool, feels nice and combines all the benefits of having leather and NOT having leather ;).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts