Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I have finally decided (been forced to admit!) that I cannot afford to hang on to the 3.0 166. The Tax is the main problem, it is probably due a few jobs, and it is too big for the girlfriend to drive.

Problem is I don't have a lot of money. I was looking at spending very little, want something smaller-engined, and slightly smaller than the 166, but I still want it to be quick. I don't think I could live with any less than 150HP after the 166. Preferably an Alfa, although for the first time I am thinking that it may have to be something else :-(

I was looking around and drooling over the Giulietta's and Mito's but they are too pricey at the moment. I have already had a 156 in the past and would prefer not to go back to one (I loved it but I would rather something different). I used to want a GTV, but the lack of rear seats is now an issue. I do like the look of the GT, but again price is a problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you and Regards,

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Price is a problem with the GT? What's your budget? Given that the GT is around since 2004, you should be able to find something I would have thought?

Can't speak to the power in the petrol GTs (the 1.8 and 2.0 JTS) and I'm assuming you don't want the V6. I have the JTD, which would meet your bhp requirement, but has a load of torque as well. Of course the JTD isn't for everyone.

I know what you're saying on tax. It's criminal to be spending that much on what I assume is a 10+ year old car. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I'd get a Fiat Coupe 20 VT. In yellow. Either the Plus or the Limited Edition. Then I'd take a week off, and drive around Ireland with my better half to celebrate.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I'd get a Fiat Coupe 20 VT. In yellow. Either the Plus or the Limited Edition. Then I'd take a week off, and drive around Ireland with my better half to celebrate.
Only a Week ! Thats a short journey for you Levante :)

·
Registered
5,950 Posts

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
It would make an interesting modern car for everyday use and lets face it they are the last of the racey alfas
I love them but I wonder if it would be a bit of a mad choice!!!

My secret hope had been someone with one would trade it and a bit of wedge off my TI Sud....
A man can dream....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dont know as I found them practical but fun as they were more reliable then the 156 and always felt more sporty on the road but I always like the unusual and different

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
No offence madman but I don't want a diseasal....
If someone bought my Sud I could buy the 155 as a toy and source something else as a daily driver...

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
? you not got the 166 ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Gosh, I tell you I would be interested in that 155. Is the seller on here? and under which alias?

Edit,: Ah, I'm an idiot. I see it above. PM Sent. Thanks for the suggestion Keyser.

·
Administrator
87,322 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts