Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a alsa 147 51 plate

my wiper wiper mechanism went on me a few days ago,the actual bit that does all the moving connected to the motor. i need to get this fixed due to mot due.

ive tried to find any breakers or scrapyard in the london or essex area with google but have no joy.

i dont have a lot of monrey either thats why second hand below £50. or a alternative method or something to help.

thank you

del

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the quick reponse ive tried ring them, but no joy, no answer will keep on trying,

but hopefully some more come along

D

·
0 Posts
Try either Autolusso or pm RGWM - one or other may have the part, not sure about cost though

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
you can mend yours with fiberglass, its a common break so the part sells quick on ebay etc as its in demand, and hyper pricey new
i mended mine over xmas.......bonded it in place with epoxy to hold it then fiberglassed it with a few layers

and you know what the wipers dont make that horrible noise no more.....dunno if its the fix or the fact i lubed all the ball joints on the links

Gary

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think that will be the best option to fix it myself properly make solid and rigid.

can some body recommend what type epoxy to use.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
On one I just removed from an accident damaged 147 the linkage had been repaired by wrapping a metal "tube" around it and securing it with nuts and bolts - although glued first I think. I'll try to get a picture of the repair.

Its a very common failure, hence why its hard to find them in breakers. I'd have snatched the Ebay guy's hand off if he'd had the mechanism for £15:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts