Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...:) thats my question...how does one turn a 2.0l TS into a fire breathing, knicker wrenching, road monster without swapping engines?
any advice kindly accepeted and any idea on pricing would also be really useful. i can't find a V6 in the colour i want with the stuff inside, so want to make a amn out of a 2.0l..
also, where can one source 'Spider' badges as this one has the 'er' missing, making it an 'Alfa Romeo Spid'....:thumbs:

·
Registered
100 Posts
drill a hole in the exhaust? Thats what all the chav's do to their novas on the local estate near me :lol:

I'd wait until the v6 comes up if you can afford to wait and afford to fill her up every 4.2 miles - after all if you're gonna have it a while you may as well know you got the best you could instead of going for second best... it will be out there somewhere - saves trying to make a man out of a mouse - just go straight for the beast.

Tho i am probably slightly biased having the v6 and jealous of the 2.0 guys getting over 20mpg ha!

Good luck mate in whatever you go for and let us know how you go on!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Is it worth it? Making it all show and no go:tut: You could always get a Corsa and put a dustbin on for an exhaust:lol: As CCCSSSDDD said if you can afford it wait until a v6 come along:cool:

·
Banned
139 Posts
my 2.0L twinny flies, just ring angel tuning who can add 20bhp through re mapping and changing the air filter... will be getting mine done soon.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if anyone knows if they made 3.0 V6 zoe yellow spiders, then please let me know. i too think there should be some around but cant find any.
seen a fair number of 2.0l yellow ones advertised though...and quite tasty are a couple which is why i thought the exhaust system might be game for a change to beef up the sound.
but while they sound warm, they aren't really that...expressive..
chavs arent that bad....they talk Ja'fake'can, and their brides wear white tracksuits to their weddings at the bus shelters...and they're not fat, just pregnant..:eek:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
if anyone knows if they made 3.0 V6 zoe yellow spiders, then please let me know. i too think there should be some around but cant find any.
seen a fair number of 2.0l yellow ones advertised though...and quite tasty are a couple which is why i thought the exhaust system might be game for a change to beef up the sound.
but while they sound warm, they aren't really that...expressive..
chavs arent that bad....they talk Ja'fake'can, and their brides wear white tracksuits to their weddings at the bus shelters...and they're not fat, just pregnant..:eek:
A yellow GTV? :vomit: If thats what you like then who am I to argue!:lol: Like the chav bit but you forgot the bit about their brides wearing a t-shirt that says "you wish" or "babe" on it! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yellow...the colour of true men...who wear no makeup...or have their nails varnished, or their eyebrows plucked, or shave their balls....:confused: ....errrr.....

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
yellow...the colour of true men...who wear no makeup...or have their nails varnished, or their eyebrows plucked, or shave their balls....:confused: ....errrr.....
I dont wear makeup, varnish my nails or do my eyebrows. Have bin known to do the occasional bit of "manscaping":lol:Too much info!!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
You a bird?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why ...u hitting on me....?:cheese:
good for you this is a board...i'm all man!!!and i like th ecolour yellow!!!:cheese:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
why ...u hitting on me....?:cheese:
good for you this is a board...i'm all man!!!and i like th ecolour yellow!!!:cheese:
Just your user name made me think that you could be called Zoe and liked yellow? I am afraid i am not comming on to you 1. I am not a gay (my dad wouldnt talk to me:lol: ) 2. I dont like yellow cars!!!!!:lol: :lol: My mate has a 3.0 v6 pug 406 coupe that dont look too bad its lowered twin exhausts massive spoiler 19" alleys and most importantly window tints so people dont see me!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
those particular pugs are good looking cars, shame about the interiors..entertaining as a nun on a sunday...
but not bad to drive...surprisingly...

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Yep not a bad car but I think any interior other than the Alfas are very bland. I think its got a front strud brace and goes well. We came back from the other week after watching Batman at about 145mph! Not a sensible thing to do about midnight on a saturday night on the A47 in peterborough. I wasnt driving and its his licence I did mention police but didnt seem bothered! Plank eh?!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:wow: i have a diesel pug at the mo....am'inbetween' cars, so to speak, and when we came out of the batman movie, there was nowhere to crack open that lush diesel clatter(thank God) because of alls chavs and chavettes clogging up the vue car park after the movie....
ihave the diesel becuase of the loss of beloved broom yellow 20VT...but now am resolved to find a zoe yellow spider to make the pain go away....but where can i get that sound if i cant find a yellow V6?
:cry:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Does it have to be yellow? Whats with this yellow fixation?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
to be frank, i did like the black one i test drove:inlove: ...but the red ones seem to suck, pricipally because they seem two- toned...after a few years, the fade is foul.
so, i could live with black, i am tempted by anything yellow (can't let go of the memory of my 20VT) and if the colour combo is good (interior), then perhaps even gunmetal grey...
silvers are a bit...well...been there before, and red spells red to me...and i can't go there, yet, but i do like the red interiors....greens..no...blue..O.A.P....and i've run out of colours..:confused:
seen a white gtv in italy this year....looked brilliant , but then the sun does shine there up parts it wouldn't even touch here...:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Gunmetal would look sweet I think! Dont comprimise though, if you want a random yellow one stick to your guns and get one that you really want.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks a lot, i'm going to give it time and a good think. not really rushing . the rental pug diesel manages 700miles/tank, so ill appreciate it while its here and bide my time.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts