Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help I change a buld the other day on my 2001 147, went to put screen wash in the car today and the back cover off the driver side headlight has gone missing, obviously this plum didn't secure the latches on tight enough. Anyway i've called my local scrappies and no luck finding a scrapped 147 never mind this damn bit of plastic. Also tried online scrappies and they're only interested in selling the whole unit.

can anyone help? don't fancy leaving it long in this weather or the light will frost up. Just now it's got a makeshift cover over it.

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
Don't panic.....it's very unlikely that the missing piece will cause any problems - it certainly won't freeze.....

The cover is just a cosmetic thing, really, and to protect against anything dropping in there - but there's nothing getting splashed around there that can cause any problems...

Sooner or later a crashed 147 will appear that will provide the cover - but until then.....no problem!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the advice. I tried autolusso but they were only willing to let go of the lighting unit as a whole. If it won't cause any problems in the mean time i'll just wait to scavenge one from a local scrappies.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Don't panic.....it's very unlikely that the missing piece will cause any problems - it certainly won't freeze.....
They will more than likely mist/fog up due to moisture entering the lamps, of course, that can freeze.
Not a major problem, as the heat from the bulbs will quickly defrost and demist them! :)
I had that issue in my old 156 and they took forever to dry out properly once I got a replacement cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts