Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Can anyone give information regarding the problems and things to look out for with a 155 V6.

Currently loking for one but only have experience of the TS.

thanx in advance

wrinx

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Hi wrinx,I don,t confess to know all the problems but here is a list of the things wrong when I bought or found my V6.All the brake discs had to be replaced--just badly scored and working inefficiently.Rear bearing was replaced--gingbro have these about £90,the rear trailing arm had also worn and when you jacked up the rear and took hold of the wheel ,lift it up and down if ypu get a slight movement they cost
£90 also same as a fiat arm with small mods.Bottom front ball joints £35--one side was needed---cornering was interesting at this stage before everything was done,to say the least,however apart from the passenger door needing replaced £100 from scrappythe car cost £1000 plus £950 to repair not bad for m reg wide body.Hope this helps.Yours PATRICK

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Hi wrinx,I don,t confess to know all the problems but here is a list of the things wrong when I bought or found my V6.All the brake discs had to be replaced--just badly scored and working inefficiently.Rear bearing was replaced--gingbro have these about £90,the rear trailing arm had also worn and when you jacked up the rear and took hold of the wheel ,lift it up and down if ypu get a slight movement they cost
£90 also same as a fiat arm with small mods.Bottom front ball joints £35--one side was needed---cornering was interesting at this stage before everything was done,to say the least,however apart from the passenger door needing replaced £100 from scrappythe car cost £1000 plus £950 to repair not bad for m reg wide body.Hope this helps.Yours PATRICK.Whats this Loch ness thing I keep seeing have to check it out not far to go !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts