Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

the cylinderhead gasket of my TD 2.5 gave up. :mad:

I will redo them now, the heads are off, but nobody can tell me the torque settings of the cylinderhead bolts... :rant:

So is there anybody out there with a workshop manual, willing and able to look up the values for me? :D

As a result I have to do 200km a day now with a '86 Polo...so pleeez HEEEEELP!!!!

grtz

amir

·
Registered
564 Posts
Amir sorry I can't help at the moment but Alfa never brought the Diesel version into the U.K. but I will see my local dealer tommorrow to see if the engine is the same as they fit to a Fiat, if so I'll see if they can let me have some information on that engine. :rolleyes:

W

·
0 Posts
I looked last time you posted this and couldn't find anything...sorry :(
Hopefully Dai can sort you out ;)

wrinx

V

·
0 Posts
This should be the correct procedure according to the dealers manual .

first of all you have to get new stretchs boults (duno if this is the right word for it , in Dutch ," trekbouten" , maybe somebody of the dutch readers can help here) , this is an absolute must , else you destroy the boult or worse the complete head.
You work cross wise offcourse...

inside boults 3kg and turn 50°
outside boults 9kg , turn 30° run the engine warm for 20min , let it cool down then turn again 20° when cold

not responsible for mailfunctions , please check it out double time.

greetz hope yu can figure it out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody for the compassion and vortexsurfer for the details.

Today I had the cylinderheads checked (the Diesel has got 4 of them), one of them has a crack. Tomorrow I'll get a brand new one for € 219, so if everything goes right, car will be on the road and me out of that Polo soon again.

Thanks for mentioning the replacement of the bolts - never thought of that...

As a remark: I am the first owner of the Polo, it has done 367.000 km in 18 yrs., the only spare parts ever needed were brake parts, a waterpump and shocks - rest is original. Very, very reliable. I wish my Alfas had a slice of it...

amir

·
Registered
564 Posts
Amir, I couldn't get any information from the dealers but I got some from my mates garage from his Autodata book. I think that the one I got information on only has a single cylinder head though. If you click on the link there is a RTF document with a diagram.Cylinder head torque settings . Hope this Helps Dai.

The following information is taken from the Autodata Diesel Data book year 1997:-
Bolt a
1. Tighten to 29Nm
2. +50º
3. +50º
4. Run engine for 20 minutes
5. Wait for 210 minutes
6. +30º
Bolt b
1. Tighten to 25Nm
2. Tighten to 50Nm
3. Tighten to 88Nm
4. Run engine for 20 minutes
5. Wait for 210 minutes
6. Slacken the bolts by 30º
7. Tighten to 88Nm

V

·
0 Posts
Hope it helps you out ,

I get al lot of info from this site , in the end this helps us all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts