Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a shared access driveway. It is shared between 10-11 houses. The lady who lives next to it has taken acception to me trimming an overgrowing bush so it does nt scratch my poor car. (I personally dont think its growing on her land anyway but thats a seperate issue). She has called the police who dont seen interested....luckily. What exactly is the law regarding this situation???????

i dont think i have been unreasonable.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the bush is causing an obstruction on a drive you partly owned then I think you're probably safe pruning it back.
Thats what i thought. I believe you can even throw it back, if it is hers. At the moment i have cut the bits up and put them in the garden...but she can have them if she wants.

R

·
0 Posts
I think you are totally in the right with the bush. I would be more concerned with how it feels to live next door to someone who doesn't like you particularly at the moment. May be worth using a bit of charm on her to take the moral high ground on this one.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Pour a bottle of weed killer over the roots. Don't say owt;)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you are totally in the right with the bush. I would be more concerned with how it feels to live next door to someone who doesn't like you particularly at the moment. May be worth using a bit of charm on her to take the moral high ground on this one.
I totally agree with you ....luckily she is not directly next door. I have tried the charm but she seems a bit crazy and tries to inflame temper by saying things like ...."oh its you, what do you drive...a tank" and "ive called the police about you"

Im afraid my answer now is ...yeah whatever.

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
If she insists it is hers report her to the council saying her bush has overgrown and it is scratching your bodywork.

I wouldn't word it quite like that though. :D

S

·
0 Posts
If she insists it is hers report her to the council saying her bush has overgrown and it is scratching your bodywork.

I wouldn't word it quite like that though. :D
I think you should word it exactly as instructed above. :lol:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
nothing puts a smile on my face like a neatly trimmed bush:lol:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
IF the bush is on both properties i think you are ok to trim the side that is on yours.

You should NEVER trim your neighbours bush without her permission. :eek:

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
My friend has a field at the bottom of her garden with a tree in it which was growing over her fence, my brother in law, instead of trimming the tree cut it down,
The land owner called the police and she (my friend) was arrested with DNA taken fingerprints taken and a permanent record.

R

·
0 Posts
I have tried the charm but she seems a bit crazy and tries to inflame temper
OK so that route is closed to you. Before you do anything else, consider what you now hope to achieve. You will need to keep trimming the bush to avoid scratching your car. What you can't do is react angrily or descend to her level or you risk a spiralling neighbour dispute that will just make your blood pressure rise every time you go home. These disputes have a habit of becoming protracted and bitter - and lasting long after the initial upset has been forgotten. Stay totally reasonable. Be assertive about your rights, but start to view her not as an adversary but as an eccentric source of amusement put there to make your day more interesting. Life has enough real problems to deal with without risking an ulcer over a bush!

D

·
0 Posts
Sort of reminds me of a problem I'm having. I want to eradicate my front gardens bush and grassland and instead rip it all up and replace it with stone chips to create another parking space.

My annoying neighbour probably won't like this idea because when we trim the bush down (Which is half owned by him) he asks us not to trim any of his because he likes it big and high covering his front window so nosey people can't spy on him. He's mental by the way.

I really want to wait until he goes on holiday and rip all of it up. The bush, the grass, everything, and replace it with stone chips all over. I think it would look great, :D

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
Sort of reminds me of a problem I'm having. I want to eradicate my front gardens bush and grassland and instead rip it all up and replace it with stone chips to create another parking space.

My annoying neighbour probably won't like this idea because when we trim the bush down (Which is half owned by him) he asks us not to trim any of his because he likes it big and high covering his front window so nosey people can't spy on him. He's mental by the way.

I really want to wait until he goes on holiday and rip all of it up. The bush, the grass, everything, and replace it with stone chips all over. I think it would look great, :D

You just want space for another car, so that you can buy another Alfa.:p

A bucket of weedkiller on the bush will do the trick. Just pop out late one night and do the deed. ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts