Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Please could I have some help with this. Im wanting to put on an induction air filter and pipes on my TS. Attached is a picture of what I have at the moment. I was going to buy pipes and probably filter from here ... Auto Performance Silicone Hoses or here ... http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MaximumPowered_Induction-Pipes_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ6228267QQftidZ2QQtZkm
I was going to start the stainless pipes from join 1 or 2 on the picture with a 45° elbow or at join 3 with a very short straight piece with the 76mm neck filter clamped on the end. Can anyone tell me what plugs marked with the arrows are please?
Not sure how I would leave these things connected with the pipes fitted.

Thanks.

Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ian, any ideas on how I could keep them connected if I put new pipes on? Does it matter where they go? Just wondering if I could move the maf sensor further up so I could replace that section with s alloy one.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
You might be able to move the MAF replace the bit between 1 and 2, though I have a feeling that the maf is 70mm outside diameter and the tube between 1 & 2 is ~80mm

If you had some hard pipe (stainless, etc) you could drill a hole the correct size for the temp sensor and fit with silicone sealant. I dont think the order is important.

The flexi tube between the throttle body and 1 is another weak point, you could predict the inevitable and replace this with silicone tubing, though this has the added complication of the crank case breather tubes too! There are metal adaptors that bolt onto silicone tubing to join smaller tubes to it.

There are plenty of threads about intake mods on the site, with some useful links and ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts