1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
they were aftermarket wheels that were fitted to the Alfa 75, the guy over the road has some on his (old) Mini. You are right about the fitting, the 75 has five stud fittings for the 2.0 and above, the 1.6 and 1.8 carb got 4 stud IIRC.

The wheels may have been called RFX or similar. The 58.6 diameter centre says that it was from pre-Fiat Alfas, but I have not seen them on an Alfetta or GTV. The Italians had no shortage of decent wheel suppliers so I am thinking maybe they were added by the importers for the UK market. That said, I am fairly new to Alfa ( just 10 years) so there is bound to be someone who can remember. :D

HTH

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks purple145 :thumbs: .

That sounds right, my mechanic said they may not be revolutions because he couldn't see any identification on them.

I want to get some new alloys for my car because i have my winter wheels on at the moment, so I'm looking at selling the Revloutions? on ebay and need to know what Alfas they will fit.

Yep both cars are grand finales, the blue one is my brothers car that he has now sold but i intend to keep mine as it is still very solid, and i use it every day :) .
I would like a 75 though, maybe as my next car :cool: .

Cheers.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
if its for ebay, they will fit all 4 stud Alfas, eg GTV, 75 1.6 and 1.8, Alfetta and Guillietta.

Pity my 75 is 5 stud, otherwise I'd bag them myself, bought a great set of OZs and they are too big.

K

·
0 Posts
that style was always called the rfx, were very popular with the rally boys in the 80,s when we started , not sure what alfa they would fit though from standard, they were a pretty common wheel to get as an aftermarket one , nice colour combination on yours :cool:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
link here

Enquire about Revolution Alloy Wheels

seem mainly for Mini's these days
If Ashdry's wheels are the same as the one on purples link (no photobucket at work) they were fitted to 75's back when Alfa UK did the veloce models (similar to turbo evo) but if what iam lead to beleive is correct, the "veloce" kit was fitted here in the UK :confused:
15" was an option for the V6 models (not sure for T/S) most 75's were shod with 14 x 6.5 (195 width) regardless wheather Speedline, Revo's, or steelies (my spare had 195 fitted)
Obviously 15's comand slightly more money than the common 14's (given past experience)

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Revolution RFX's were also fitted to the 33's and Sprint's in the UK when the Veloce (Zender) body kits were fitted but I'm sure these were 14".

15" were probably ordered direct from Revolution.

I would think the wheel offset for 75's would be different to the offset for 33's and Sprint's. The Sprint wheels had an offset of 35mm to 40mm but I think 75's would be closer to 25mm.

If you can find the offset, normally stamped on the inside of the rim or spokes, this will give you a much better chance to find out which Alfa they will fit.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for taking the time to help on this.

I bought my X1/9 last June and on the test drive all was well so i bought it.
On the drive home when i got on the motorway i noticed a wheel wobble that after having them balanced i found out that it was the .6 mm difference in the hub center that was causing it.
so i bought spacers with a deep hub center and used tape to make up the difference.
The wheels would bolt on any 4x98 car but will wobble unless you have the right hub on the car, or use spacers and tape which is less than ideal.
So as purple145 says, the pre Fiat Alfas have the right hubs for these wheels?

the wheels are wider at the back so if 195 = 6.5" 175 would be 6"?

Unfortunately there is nothing stamped on the wheels anywhere, that i can see.

Thanks again.

Ash.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Ash, I think Pascs has got it, they were fitted to the 33 range.

Have you took a wheel off the car as the info is often stamped on the inside rather than detract from the look on the outside (at least my OZs are done this way)

HTH

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for the boring thread.

I've got a 33 so i will bolt a wheel on it and see if it fits.

Cheers all.

Ash.

:thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts