Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got down to southampton tonight to visit my parents for Christmas, but i need to be off again Christmas morning and the car has thrown up MCSF and is running a lumpy idle... which is great just before everything closes for a week! :/

Can anybody recommend anywhere close to Southampton to have this checked out tomorrow morning. I mainly need to know if this is terminal or if it can wait a week. car seems to drive normally.

thanks

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
The long and short of it, there really isn't anyone else that close. A and M alfa is in Wickham, but he has no diagnostic equipment. Joss has fiatscan on his laptop, if he is free today he may be able to help?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is AL bournmouth the closest then? Might give them a ring if there is nothing here. Don't think I know joss?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Pretty much. It's about 25 miles from you. Down the M27 and then onto the A31.

Joss is a member :))) on here. He might come meet you somewhere if he is free? I would but I have a funeral to go to in a bit.

Mates dad has an obd reader in eastleigh. I'll ask if he is free.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will call al, see if I can get something sorted before christmas

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Could be anything from a low battery to coil packs to h/g.

If Bournemouth is too far maybe worth giving Mike at A&M a call, even if he doesn't have a diagnostic machine - he is usually pretty hot on what the problem is.

If not give Mike Roverts a call at Roberts Aerospace, he has diagnostic equipment and will even come out to you.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I'd have helped you out with code reading but I've just done the opposite trip - up north for Christmas. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone needs that in Southampton.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big thanks to al opening up on their day off!

Inconclusive results from the scan. Misfiring at idle but not sure why. Full examination next year to get everything running normally again.

Strangely mscf has now stopped flashing up and engine light is off again. Also idle has improved. But clearly something is amiss somewhere

1 - 18 of 18 Posts