Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going bonkers as I cannot decide between two cars:

A £3K GTV V6 Q2 in Metallic Green or a £4K GT Turismo in Stromboli Grey with 1.9 diesel engine.

I used to own a wonderful 156 JTD and know all about the engine but there is someting about the GTV that I've fallen for.

It will be used as a low mileage commuter/weekend car with the occasional longer tour.

What to do, I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed before?!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've had 2 as "weekend cars", both 6 spedd V6. I used to get around 17-20mpg maybe 25mpg on a motorway run!

That GT is a nice car though and with a remap not a million miles of being as quick......although it will still sound like a diesel :)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Any reasons?!
For the V6 alone. I might be biased though ;)

MPG I've no idea about - when the light comes on I put petrol in.

They're very different cars though. If you value practical things like mileage, rear seats and a boot, the GT would be the clear choice.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi there..If you don't care about practicality, want a little exclusivity and a roaring engine think about going for a sorted GTV. Just did 300 miles this weekend in mine, no problems, really enjoyed it. Especially if you can get a Q2..For a special 'weekend car', I'd go for this. I'd looked for a well cared for specimin though.

If you need a some (any) boot space and do care about fuel economy try the GT. Or why not a v6 GT? Best of both worlds?!! Pro's and cons to both.. Check out both lounges
to get 'pro' views on either!

Cheers
Goose

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
That GT is a nice car though and with a remap not a million miles of being as quick......although it will still sound like a diesel :)
That's reason enough to go for the V6 GTV :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
V6 every time:)

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
I'd probably say the GTV V6 if you are not using it all the time.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Also you're saving a grand if you go for the GTV, which will offset the running costs a fair bit.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
For the entire eternity of mankind's future existence on this planet.. the v6's that remain today, are as many as there ever will be..

You have the chance to buy one..

I can't see the dilemma.. :thumbs:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the entire eternity of mankind's future existence on this planet.. the v6's that remain today, are as many as there ever will be..

You have the chance to buy one..

I can't see the dilemma.. :thumbs:

Ralf S.
Now that you put it like that! I may be able to up my budget and kill two birds with 1 stone.
GT V6 :D

G

·
0 Posts
What to do, I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed before?!
Why? There's nothing to discuss. You would only buy a diesel over a V6 if you had to, ie you do very high mileage, you need fuel economy or you are totally mad. Any Alfista would want a V6 without question, it's only practicality that might force them to get a diesel anything. So nothing to discuss IMO :lol:

But choosing between a GTV V6 and a GT V6, well there's a worthwhile discussion. And of course the answer is.....get a GTA!

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
PPC Magazine review of GT should be out in a month or so.

GTs look much more practical. They look as practical as many saloons.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts