Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the cold killed my battery the other week I got another one between Christmas and New Year. The car starts no problem but the alarm continues to flash the hazards everytime you touch something.

So far tried..........

Disconnect battery leave for a while and then reconnect - Outcome was no different to above.
Leave the battery connected and leave the car running for a while. - again no different.

Any ideas guys. You can drive the car anywhere (but with the hazards flashing!)

·
Registered
12,785 Posts
Try sitting in the car, manually lock the doors, arm, then unarm the alarm, and doors should open and be back to normal. Hope that makes sense..:rolleyes:...similar thing happened on mine and this worked for me...:)

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
Do you have the alarm fobs, if so turn ignition on then press the fob/plip button, this clears the arm ECU memory. Or try arming/disarming the alarm, the alarm just needs resetting.

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
Try sitting in the car, manually lock the doors, arm, then unarm the alarm, and doors should open and be back to normal. Hope that makes sense..:rolleyes:...similar thing happened on mine and this worked for me...:)
You only need to do this procedure if the central locking is out of sync with the alarm.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stixy, I dont have the alarm fobs.
I've tried what Odyssey has suggested and no difference. The alarm LED continues flashing and the hazards flash everytime you touch something like the indicators or radio etc.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Leave it few hours it will reset it's self, mine used to do it, after an hour of leaving it locked it stopped

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
Stixy, I dont have the alarm fobs.
I've tried what Odyssey has suggested and no difference. The alarm LED continues flashing and the hazards flash everytime you touch something like the indicators or radio etc.
If itacarboy's suggestion doesn't work, then you will have to diconnect the alarm ECU, if a META alarm systen then the ECU lives in the centre console, if an ALFA alarm system then you disconnect the ECU that lives under the plastic cowling on the offside under the bonnet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts