Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all if you have a moment please please help!

I am URGENTLY looking for a FIVA Inspector to inspect our car near Tampa Florida early next week, in summary the Mille Miglia organisers are waiting for this. The car is an Alfa SVZ, quite rare and my father who is 70 has always dreamed of us participating in this race together.....

The 2012 Mille Miglia application was completed using a FIA Card but it is not a "Heritage Card" and therefore was not accepted but the Mille Miglia organisers are "waiting for us".

So please please PLEASE if you know someone who maybe even knows someone please respond with their contact details and I will fallow up.

Your help is greatly appreciated, we will pay all costs....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks this matter is closed

Thanks very much,

This matter is closed as it appears we have found an inspector!

If IF we are accepted I'll post pictures of of our SVZ in MM, for now here is the link to the website of the car:

http://www.i-b-r.org/Giulietta-SVZ.htm

Special note: The early SVZ's were "re-bodied" by Zagato before the Alfa factory in light of all the Zagato race wins started suppling them rolling chassis.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Thanks very much,

This matter is closed as it appears we have found an inspector!

If IF we are accepted I'll post pictures of of our SVZ in MM, for now here is the link to the website of the car:

http://www.i-b-r.org/Giulietta-SVZ.htm

Special note: The early SVZ's were "re-bodied" by Zagato before the Alfa factory in light of all the Zagato race wins started suppling them rolling chassis.
Went to MM last year and will do so again for the 2012 version.
Hopefully we will see you at Brescia.
Best Wishes for a fun adventure

Alan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marty Mito, thanks very much.

Engine is rough as hell up to 5,000 then smooth as silk to the 9,000 redline!

Not bad for a '57 engine!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Persimmon,

If IF IF!

If we are selected would you mind if I contact you about tips experiences et cetera?

I am based in Belgium but the support team is based in Manchester, again if IF IF I'd like to drop you an invite to chat.

What did you run with in the last MM?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick Update - Fingers Crossed

All,

Thanks again for your help and encouragement.

The MM Committee is "very interested in our Alfa SVZ" and things look "quite good for a slot".

We have also registered our SVZ for the:

Uniques Special Ones

which is in Florence late September, last year they had a very successful Zagato section which I think they are trying to re-create this year.

I'll let you all know in about 72 hours!:inlove:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
All,

Thanks again for your help and encouragement.

The MM Committee is "very interested in our Alfa SVZ" and things look "quite good for a slot".

We have also registered our SVZ for the:

Uniques Special Ones

which is in Florence late September, last year they had a very successful Zagato section which I think they are trying to re-create this year.

I'll let you all know in about 72 hours!:inlove:
If you are thinking of the Mille Miglia for your car and whether you get in or not, I would personally suggest you look at the Targa Florio in mid October rather than the Florence gig as a follow up/alternative adventure.

Its a long drive down (or train transport it down) of course, but the history and enjoyment make that for me the one to do next.

The event

Wishing you every bit of luck in getting a slot

Alan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts