Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here in Denmark we cant get the Bose pack, or i could not from the lease company.

Now, i like the sound of the default audiosystem in my 1.4MA but i miss some bass.

What would be the best way to go arround this since its a leased car?

Would it be possible to fit an active sub to any thing in the back of the car?

Is there a manual howto get to the back of the radio? Could i connect it to the rear speakers?

All great ideas are welcome :)

HEEEELP

(Posting here to hear from other Guili owners that might have ideas)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ok, so here in Denmark we cant get the Bose pack, or i could not from the lease company.

Now, i like the sound of the default audiosystem in my 1.4MA but i miss some bass.

What would be the best way to go arround this since its a leased car?

Would it be possible to fit an active sub to any thing in the back of the car?

Is there a manual howto get to the back of the radio? Could i connect it to the rear speakers?

All great ideas are welcome :)

HEEEELP

(Posting here to hear from other Guili owners that might have ideas)

I dont have Bose and also like plenty of bass but i have had to turn the bass down to -1 in my car to get a level which doesnt overpower the music itself. Have you tried the different EQ settings? Mine is set to Rock/Pop EQ. People at work all say they can hear me arriving before they can see me. :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have Bose and also like plenty of bass but i have had to turn the bass down to -1 in my car to get a level which doesnt overpower the music itself. Have you tried the different EQ settings? Mine is set to Rock/Pop EQ. People at work all say they can hear me arriving before they can see me. :lol:
ohhh i will try that :) Will play with that tomorrow :)

Sill would like to hear from any one with SUB ideas

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
ohhh i will try that :) Will play with that tomorrow :)

Sill would like to hear from any one with SUB ideas
Do you have a spare wheel, or tyre weld.

Pioneer do a tune-up woofer with built in amp that will sit inside a spare wheel (TS-WX610A) similar to the Bose Sub. I'm sure it will fit inside a 16" rim. it also runs off speaker level input, but i don't know if this would help. Maybe if there is the spare output for the front centre speaker that the Bose has.

Blaupunkt do a slightly larger one that replaces the spare wheel (GTs 6902A) so this might be interesting if you have tyre weld.

I suspect there will be RCA outputs behind the head unit that would be waiting for connection to the bose sub, but it is only speculation.
Not sure how you would get the stereo out, but as the dash panel is easily changeable, i guess you'd need to remove the dash panel which would reveal the retaining pins / holes.

i guess you could easily run power from the rear of the boots 12v power socket.

I hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
329 Posts
when ordering my car, the bose needed an upgraded headunit (£0 cost on config) so i doubt it'll be the same :S

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
when ordering my car, the bose needed an upgraded headunit (£0 cost on config) so i doubt it'll be the same :S
Same here with the £0 head unit upgrade.
It does look like the same from the outside though. I know the EQ isn't available on the bose head unit, but i have heard this can be activated by disconnecting the battery. don't know how true that is though.
If it is true, the £0 upgrade might be in the form of a flash memory upgrade maybe?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx for all the help guys. Do you think Alfa would help if i called regarding the RCA outputs on the radio?

·
Registered
329 Posts
i think you need to remove the metal trim thingy, but dont ask how you do that! and then pull it out?

side note: anyone with BOSE, where is the amp? i thought it would be visible or is it hidden away??

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
i think you need to remove the metal trim thingy, but dont ask how you do that! and then pull it out?

side note: anyone with BOSE, where is the amp? i thought it would be visible or is it hidden away??
The Bose amp is built in to the speaker/sub, which sits in the spare wheel enclosure.
I'll post a photo later.

M

·
0 Posts
Really? I thought the amp was supposed to be behind one of the panels in the side wall lining of the boot... Thought it was just the sub in the spare wheel

·
Registered
329 Posts
i know where the sub is, but i to thought the amp was within the boot lining somewhere, was tempted to see if it can power a real subwoofer!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I think it is an active sub similar to the ones i mentioned above.
Here are some pics.
As you can see from the connector there are 2 thick wires (one is black at the bottom so is difficult to see from the pic) and 3 thinner wires.
I suspect one is live, one is earth, one is speaker positive, one speaker negative, and one ignition on power.
I know on other Alfa models the sub has a separate amp (usually on a panel behind the sub speaker i think) but i think it is not the case on the G's sub.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
now my brain is running away with me. definitely loooks to be power (+/-) remote and positive and negative for speaker. Now the real Q is is there maybe a wiring harness under the seat waiting to be tapped into.. hmmmmmm now if i can only figure out how to remove the rear seat

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Well i just had another look at the wiring and it does appear to head off to the right hand wheel arch, so there might be a Bose amp or DSP behind there.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
ok ok you twisted my rubber arm.. gonna go look

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
hunted all over and could not see anything. im assuming yours gooes right into the wiring harness that runs on the left and there is one on the right as well..

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
ok removed rear seat... no even close on the colours..

1 - 20 of 70 Posts