Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wierd wiring issue on my brothers 156...
It's a '98 model

It started off as an intermittent fault where the interior lights stopped working along with the radio, climate control and the trip meter resetting to zero. They would stop working and then randomly start working again but now everything is dead, so its obviously a bad connection somewhere that has now completely failed.

I have had a look at earth C31 and the connections to the B5 fuse, all the items listed above seem to share these connections, all serms well.

I haven't had the chance to have a proper look yet as he always needs his car.
I'm not sure where else to look, any ideas would be great..

Thanx in advance:)

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
If you have a multimeter to hand you can check the resistance between the earth wiring and the body. Or run a wire directly to battery - . sounds like your on the right track though. I would check all the connections around the battery just to eliminate them

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My brother called me yesterday, he replaced a 10 amp fuse below the steering wheel and everything started working again... He drove down the road and everything stopped working again :lol: he then put a new fuse in it's place and everything was still dead, no fuses were blown.

This makes me think it's the connection to the fuse which he replaced that is dodgy since the problem started off as being intermittent and fuses can't give an intermittent connection :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts