Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. i have a problem with my alfa spider its a 2.0 ts. when i drive it drives perfect but if i take it past 3000rpm there is like a flat spot and doesnt rev as quick. the only way to describe it is as if after 3000rpm someone connects a caravan to the back!! i really love the car and recently had to leave my job and cant afford to go to the alfa dealer:( so has any1 got any thoughts? my friends boyfriend connected it to a diagnostic bit of equipment and he said it was reading 100% fuel all the time but didnt no why. it is pretty bad on fuel now too. i really dont want to sell this car :( please help!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
It'll be the usual suspects I think you'll find

In order of likeliness:

1. MAF (air flow meter)
2. Spark Plugs
3. Split/Leaking air intake/Dirty throttle body
4. Lambda Sensor
5. Coil Packs
6. Dirty/Clogged filters

99.9% your problem will be one of those.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanku. well, its not the MAF,spark plugs or coil packs so i will try the others. the first lamda in the manifold is the important one right? would the lambda affect the tickover if faulty!?!?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
thanku. well, its not the MAF,spark plugs or coil packs so i will try the others. the first lamda in the manifold is the important one right? would the lambda affect the tickover if faulty!?!?
I think it would only affect once its warm......if what I have been told is right anyway

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Sounds to me like classic symptoms of a knackered MAF.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,370 Posts
Sounds to me like classic symptoms of a knackered MAF.
Have to agree.

In another recent Thread someone had fitted a new MAF which failed in a very short time.

To check just disconnect the MAF and if things improve there's your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts