Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have looked around the forums at door closing issues but non seem to match mine.

My drivers door is a pig to close, I have to slam it to get it to close properly.

I have sprayed some white grease on the body catch and in the door lock itself but no change. If i open the door i can move the lock freely with my finger so not stuck (and window goes up and down correctly when i do this)

Passenger door closes with a satisfying thudump very easily but i have to slam the drivers door for it to close and when inside have to swing the door out and pull in quite hard for it to close. also noticed that the plastic collar on drivers door catch is missing (surely this wouldnt cause such and issue?)

Any help or pointers guys?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
How far in does the door sit relative to the rear quarter panel when it's closed?

If the slam panel/latch has slipped back then it'll require a good hard shove to close properly.. Easy enough to bring forward though!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How far in does the door sit relative to the rear quarter panel when it's closed?

If the slam panel/latch has slipped back then it'll require a good hard shove to close properly.. Easy enough to bring forward though!
When closed it is pretty much flush with the rear quarter panel (with a gap of about 3-4mm) so moving the latch in or out would make the door protrude or vice versa surely?

The door also has a terrible creaking and cracking when opening and closing, is this an issue don't remember that on my last GT?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
When closed it is pretty much flush with the rear quarter panel (with a gap of about 3-4mm) so moving the latch in or out would make the door protrude or vice versa surely?

The door also has a terrible creaking and cracking when opening and closing, is this an issue don't remember that on my last GT?
Sounds like the slam panel is in the right place front to back, but it could be high/low and causing some tightness I guess...

Creaking and cracking is the check strap. Mine was like it too... It's a common age related creak!

About £30-35 for a new part on eBay, and 30-40 mins of easy DIY.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Sounds like the slam panel is in the right place front to back, but it could be high/low and causing some tightness I guess...

Creaking and cracking is the check strap. Mine was like it too... It's a common age related creak!

About £30-35 for a new part on eBay, and 30-40 mins of easy DIY.
Thanks for advice! I'll have a play and look for that check strap!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts