Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 702 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi..

I bought a new alfa romeo 147 exclusive 2007 and i have from the manufacturer installed CNS version 5.0....but unfortunately no MP3 playing..

I didn't do the update which is described here because the car already have version 5.0

I cannot understand what is going wrong...
Please help..

Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's interesting. Have you asked your seller or maybe on official servis? If you get any info about CNS software ver 5.2 please let us know... try different mp3 cd's - maybe without folders. just mp3s on cd...

others, i don't know why isn't playing....

WODP

·
Registered
7 Posts
How is the procedure to finde out what version of update is installed???

I have to admit, that I messed my update up - now I am not sure if I took the wrong version of update or if the cd was burned to fast. I only know that the car was sold 2004/8 and the navi was changed in 2007 (had a problem with the telefonfunktion)

now I will try the 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, tel trick (dealer got the cd out - do not know how?)

Stefan

·
Registered
1 Posts
@wodp,
I've tried to download the nrg files but when i try to burn them with Nero 7 is failed after verifying the data. :cry:
Do u know how to fix this?

Edit:
I've burn the nrg file now with ImgBurn and now i've update the nc+. Thnx a lot for all the information here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@wodp,
I've tried to download the nrg files but when i try to burn them with Nero 7 is failed after verifying the data. :cry:
Do u know how to fix this?

Edit:
I've burn the nrg file now with ImgBurn and now i've update the nc+. Thnx a lot for all the information here.

Nice to hear sucessful update! Much fun with mp3s ;) :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
How is the procedure to finde out what version of update is installed???

I have to admit, that I messed my update up - now I am not sure if I took the wrong version of update or if the cd was burned to fast. I only know that the car was sold 2004/8 and the navi was changed in 2007 (had a problem with the telefonfunktion)

now I will try the 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, tel trick (dealer got the cd out - do not know how?)

Stefan
Stefano, check here: Alfa Romeo 147 ConnectNav+ Informations

Hope it helps!
WODP

·
Registered
5 Posts
HELP!Alfa romeo told me that they can't fix my connect nav+

Hello everyone....
I own an new Alfa147 exclusive since the first day of 2008
...but i was so bored with normal cd's so a started searching about updating my connect nav+ and that's how i've found you.
Sadly i've tried to update as your orders but the upgrade always stuck either at 20+ or 50+......
So i had no other choise but going my car to service...
but there these bunch of clowns told me that they can't do anything!!
my first expression was like :wow:
my second was like :(
and now i'm like :cry:
Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: HELP!Alfa romeo told me that they can't fix my connect nav+

Hello everyone....
I own an new Alfa147 exclusive since the first day of 2008
...but i was so bored with normal cd's so a started searching about updating my connect nav+ and that's how i've found you.
Sadly i've tried to update as your orders but the upgrade always stuck either at 20+ or 50+......
So i had no other choise but going my car to service...
but there these bunch of clowns told me that they can't do anything!!
my first expression was like :wow:
my second was like :(
and now i'm like :cry:
Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
Post #39 = not helping?
how did you burn cd (mostly bad cd's are reason of failure)?
did you check cns software before?
how long have you tried updating?

if you answer, i'll try to help you in few days, depends if there will be internet where im going...

take care,
wodp

·
Registered
5 Posts
it really doesn't (post 39)
i burned it at 8x with nero..
i didn't check cns software before :(
unfortunately i've tried updating for many hours.....
now i'm waiting for a call from service... they 've send the connect+ at blaupunkt...i really can't undestund why.... anyway hope you give me some help....

·
Registered
7 Posts
it really doesn't (post 39)
i burned it at 8x with nero..
i didn't check cns software before :(
unfortunately i've tried updating for many hours.....
now i'm waiting for a call from service... they 've send the connect+ at blaupunkt...i really can't undestund why.... anyway hope you give me some help....
I am stuck with the same problem! I can not understand it either??? Why can they not sent the connect nav + to Magneti Marelli???
I am trying now to sent it to this adress:
PAVLEK Automotive Services in germany!
If it helps I will tell you!
Stefan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Stefan,

do you have any news on that? I have the same problem and now I'm thinking if I should send it to PAVLEK or to Mediencenter Hannover (www.mediencenter-hannover.de). Did PAVLEK tell you a price for the repair? Mediencenter told me that they have a general price (380 eur incl. tax/shipping) for the Connect Nav+ and that they can repair 90% of the units for that price.

Thanks, frier

·
Registered
5 Posts
i got it back.... alfa romeo service managed to get the cd out...
but that's all !!!
i now have it on my car and all i see it's a black screen..
they've send it to blaupanct (official connect nav service for greece,,,) and they haven't done anything!
should i try with a new cd??? i've payed allready 35€ for nothing...!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Stefan,

do you have any news on that? I have the same problem and now I'm thinking if I should send it to PAVLEK or to Mediencenter Hannover (www.mediencenter-hannover.de). Did PAVLEK tell you a price for the repair? Mediencenter told me that they have a general price (380 eur incl. tax/shipping) for the Connect Nav+ and that they can repair 90% of the units for that price.

I have sent it to them but did not get an answer yet. The told me it should not cost more then 450.- Euro.
I will tell you what happend as soon as I have an answer from them!

Stefan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your reply... PAVLEK has holidays until August 22nd, so i guess it could take a while. I'll try my luck with Mediencenter Hannover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Allright! I will tell you when I got an anwer from Pavlek! Tell me how far you came with the Mediencenter Hannover.
Something I could not finde out is if Magneti Marelli or Blaupunkt is responsible for the connect nav +? I can not imagine that the build a small computer (because that is what it is) and have not forseen the possibillity of a failure in updating this thing!?
Stefan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all!
I was absend so i couldn-t help you. Now sorry for mistakes, im writing on japanese computer.
To man who already paid 35E... if you send unit to them it will be 300 and more Euros, maybe it-s worth trying again... this is your own decision! but if you will try again, i suggest you following...

~buy quality cd
~burn with nero /worked for me/ DAO 96 if possible, burn speed 2 or 4x max... and verify cd!
~watch firmware

now try like this.... turn car on and wait radio to start... remove any disk in unit, put in burned cd and you should get CD ERROR / it-s normal. now switch to radio and turn off car. now remove key and just turn on radio unit to start booting. it will probably need to boot and reset several times. read my previous posts i think i explained there. when booting new FW someone said that it helped him to scroll first button / on/off/ . leave car for half hour and hope for best...

i left it 45min, angry on him, becouse i thought it-s stucked. always get 50% and reboot... and again and again.... but after long time
and than i got cd out by itself... from then on, only mp3 in my car....

i hope you get it to work. i will try to follow this thread, but can-t promise, becouse it-s very hard to find net here in japan where im staying. after good week i-ll get home and hope you manage to rescue unit.

im not saying you should try again, becouse it can stuck again. but better to try and maybe it works /you save 300E. in worse case you pay like they said to you...

Regards and hope u manage this!
WODP

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did anyone have success with the dealers. My connect + is 04.07 (I think I was looking at the right option - "NIT SW Version") incidentally, 04.07 is the month/year of manufacture.

Anyway. I spent about 6 hours with various utilities getting all my MP3's into the correct format, only to find out that I was reading the Connect Nav half of the manual, not the Connect Nav+ half. DOH!
What lunatic thought of disabling a useful feature in the more upmarket system?

Anyway... any updates on the erm updates would be appreciated. I'm nervous about flashing the unit myself, so an dealer experiences you've had would be appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did anyone have success with the dealers. My connect + is 04.07 (I think I was looking at the right option - "NIT SW Version") incidentally, 04.07 is the month/year of manufacture.

Anyway. I spent about 6 hours with various utilities getting all my MP3's into the correct format, only to find out that I was reading the Connect Nav half of the manual, not the Connect Nav+ half. DOH!
What lunatic thought of disabling a useful feature in the more upmarket system?

Anyway... any updates on the erm updates would be appreciated. I'm nervous about flashing the unit myself, so an dealer experiences you've had would be appreciated
in my experience, dealers suck. 90% doesn't know about fw update. so I decided to go on my own.
also had 4.07 - and yes you were looking right option...

search my posts and good luck (maybe you need it) hehehe. now im almost 100% sure that I took your last azoms of courage ...

WODP

41 - 60 of 702 Posts