Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

After replacing a blown Master clutch cylinder last week the system is still not working properly.

With a firm stamp on the clutch it will disengage and change. the pressure also holds while the peddle is pressed. However if you gently press the peddle it travels to the ground with no resistance and stays down. the clutch does not disengage. you then have to hook your foot under and pull it back up.

I thought i hadn't bled the system properly and air was in so today i re-bled it with new fluid. there was some air in the system. However after running the new fluid in completely the problem has reoccured almost instantly.

On further inspection of the system i can see the pipe from the break fluid is kinked flat. this is due to the angle of the pipe to the cylinder, its on correctly! could this be the issue? is this the wrong cylinder with a longer pipe push( i don't have the old one to compare )

any other ideas?

L

·
0 Posts
is pipe the the feed pipe from the reservoir? can you straight it or replace it? try clamping the flexi hose that feeds the high presssure to the clutch slave, gently clamp with a vis grip. repeat your test, if the results are the same its either trapped air or the new master is defective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts