Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! Really need some help here as the 2000 GTV is going to have a respray this Friday :) after a 3 year restoration project and I dont know the colour codes in Standox paint.

I even bought the 2 volumes of Alfa books hoping there will be data for paint but all I got was the colour names.:confused: These are the original colours available then according to the book which I like. Can anybody give the codes for the following choices:-

Dutch Blue

Grigio Chiaro (Light metallic grey)

Black

I,ve done the seats in red leather so the choices are kind of limited to the dark colours ore metallic silver.

Opinions and info most appreciated. Thanks:thumbs:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Definitely the Grigio Chiaro. Looks fantastic. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Especially with the red seats. I think that is the colour that Ian Ellis did his own car in... Alfa Gallery scroll down to near the bottom for an example.
The blue goes well with red interior
Not sure black would work?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply JimmyJam. My initial idea was the Grigio Chiaro,to match my 916 GTV Lusso so that I can have a simmilar breed of cars of different eras in matching colours. My only worry was that it will look pale and the brightwork wouldnt contrast nicely.

Dutch blue was the original colour of the car before the restoration. Any way its D Day today and I,ve got to make the decision. Keep you posted. Ta

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alfaholic.....you,re a Champ!:)

Its D-Day today and will keep you posted.

Thanks again:cheese:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Thanks for the link AH.... you helped me out as well ;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I used to have a 1600GT Junior in Grey/Silver and loved it!
Looks dead retro and really shows those classic lines off..........
If only I hadn't sold it to pay for the wifes engagement ring :cry:

·
Registered
6,451 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jimmyjam,Nelle and Alfaholic.

My original intention was to have it painted in silver AR 737 with red seats as there are too many red AR501 cars in Thailand and wanted the car to be a little different and subtle.I thought it will be very cool as you guys also agreed But the painter who has been doing Alfas for umpteenth years says it will look very pale with no contract to the brightwork:confused: :confused:

Thank to Alfaholic I,ve traced the production years of the 2000 GTV colurs from 1971 to 1975 to the following colours. Comments please....:thumbs:

Dutch Blue AR 343
Nero AR 901 Special request only
Grigio Chiaro Metallizzato AR 737

Another colour that sounded intersting was Grigio Indaco or Indigo Grey which I,ve no idea how it looks like. My seats are done now in dark red leather so will have to one of the above.

Thanks guys:) :) :)

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I agree with BF, Nero with red seats will look amazing.....

What was the original colour on your car ? Have you considered doing an original restoration ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Eric Metz and BF.
Good suggestion. I got the car in Dark blue and beige seats. Not really sure about the original colour of the car but the seats were definitely re trimmed at some stage.

I like black but contrary to the clubmembers' opinions here it was available as special request back then and will super cool with the red seats. The idea of an original restoration sound s good but how do I trace the original specifications?

Painters really breathing down my neck and I better give him the codes while he is still enthused before another long delay.

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts