Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a 1.9 JTDM 2006 147 and runs fine when I start her up from cold.

I was driving on the motorway yesterday and suddenly I lost a bit of power but was still able to continue. The moment I hit standstill traffic the engine just won't rev past 2000rpm and I was literally at crawling pace.

It must be a faulty sensor somewhere because when I turned it on this morning it ran absolutely fine. This has happened 3 times now.

Any ideas? Is this the EGR? MAF? Or something a bit more expensive?

·
Registered
819 Posts
If the engine still runs smoothly and does not smoke when it happens I would start with the MAF sensor. It might be the connections corroding but if they appear good you could run with it disconnected for a while and see if that fixes it. (Seal the connectors with tape to stop water and dirt getting in.)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the MCSF light come on by any chance ?
Nope, I have connected it up to the OBD port and there is no error code anywhere at all. :O

If the engine still runs smoothly and does not smoke when it happens I would start with the MAF sensor. It might be the connections corroding but if they appear good you could run with it disconnected for a while and see if that fixes it. (Seal the connectors with tape to stop water and dirt getting in.)
I'll try disconnecting the MAF for now and see what happens. Had a visual check and the connectors look fine. Maybe the sensor is on way out? But yes the engine is still running smoothly on idle and does not excessively smoke at all (compared to when I had a split intercooler hose :D )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts