Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!

I have returned home this evening and noticed that my offside wing mirror has started to come away from the housing (pillar of car). It doesn't feel loose but there is a noticeable gap where the mirror should be flush.

I have attached a picture (sorry...I'm no expert) which shows a gap and some of the bubbling!

My question is that as far as I know paintwork has an 8 year guarantee and my Alfa is 8 years and a month old! Typical! Do you think AR would assist with sorting this or is it a bodyshop job?

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
A lot of gtv door mirrors bubble around there the metal is an alloy and if you poke the paint you will find a white powder which is he alloy corroding. If you take the door mirror off it is held on with 3 bolts and then unplug the mirror loom you can remove the mirror and rub loosen the paint and get rid of the corrosion re prime and spray the mirror once the paint has hardened refit. I have done a few of these in fact i am doing one on a car at the moment. If you have the paint cosde you can get the paint mixed and put into an aerosol. A can costs around £11.00 once you havepainted it you can also laquer it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! Thank you for the tips! Have a few days off after the weekend so will give it my full attention then!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts