Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) HI ALL WONDER IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT SIZE OF BRAKE DISCS IS ON MY FRONT AND REAR ALFA 156 24V V6 Q SYSTEM 2002, PRE FACELIFT , LAST OF THE MK1s i believe,,
chassis num is zar 932000 00171862
ENGINE CODE IS AR32405,,
REG NUMBER IS AYO2 WUC,,FIRST REGISTERED IN MARCH 2002
LOOKING TO REPLACE THEM ,AND DIFFERENT BRAKE DISC SELLERS ARE GIVING CONFLICTING SIZES,,
IE ,, EITHER 251 OR 276 FOR THE REAR
COULD ONE OF YOU NICE V6 OWNERS HELP ME OUT,, PLEASE,
DID ALFA UPGRADE THE BRAKES ON THESE MODELS IN 2001 ?:confused:

OH AND IS THIS A EURO 2 OR EURO3 ENGINE, I AM NEW TO ALFAS AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT, WHAT A CAR ,, ANYWAY BEST REGARDS FIONA

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I just looked on Eper and it says your car was manufactured 03/2001 and is CF3.......with blue leather

My car is 12/2001 but its CF2 - must be due to market demand for UK spec cars that they get the newer spec engine and used the older spec engines on Middle East cars :lol:

The easiest way to check the rear disc is to look at the brake caliper through the wheel, if the outside of the caliper has like 5 small scallops out of it then its the older 251mm discs

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
All the 156 built after 2002 with the interior revision have the larger rear discs. Should be 284mm fronts and 276mm on the rear.

if you have the older interior... (without the infocentre) then the car will have the 251mm rears and 284mm fronts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the super quick replys
i dont think have the interior revision,, no infocentre, i have the air vents where the info centre should be,, do have the blue leather , what is eper?
will check for the five scallops when other half gets home

thanks in advance for your help,, fiona

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Eper is Fiat / Alfa / Lancia spares parts catalog :)

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
if you have the older interior... (without the infocentre) then the car will have the 251mm rears and 284mm fronts.
It isn't that simple...!
ie Sportwagons from July 2001 got the larger rear discs...

Her March 2001 car will have the small 251mm rear discs though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all info very welcome, as will be spending lots of dosh on it ,,just love her,, and i am keen to learn more.
new radiator on its way, and new brakes when im sure of sizes
new kn filter and oil filter to be done soon as i get some isopropyl alcohol to clean maf with,, seeing im in there already lol

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Why clean the MAF ? If it is working okay leave it alone - you are more likely to do damage by cleaning it

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I wouldnt clean the MAF unless its faulty and K&N have mixed reactions on here with causing the MAF to fail

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just wanted the maf and air sytem cleaned before i put the car on the computer in my mates garage,, thought id clean it as i was putting new kn on it anyway,, did not think i would damage it, just a dip in isopropyl alchohol,, maybe not know ?,, have noticed a very slight loss in power
in the lower revs since ive had her the last 2 months,, maybe i just need the air filter replaced ?
car has done 115000 miles should i replace the maf and lambda
no sign of these being replaced on service history ?
cambelt and waterpump were done at 72000

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive had a look at the caliper and it has the 5 little scallops,,
will be the 251mm then :lol:
thanks to all very nice forum

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
found the problem with my slight powerloss,
a split air intake flexi, have done temp repair,
and things seem much better ,, lol,,
thanks again im away for a spin,, lol:lol:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
found the problem with my slight powerloss,
a split air intake flexi, have done temp repair,
and things seem much better ,, lol,,
thanks again im away for a spin,, lol:lol:
:thumbs:

Glad its back to normal

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:cool: fitted the kn today,, with a helping hand from the neighbour
that fuse box is a pain,, lol, bit of jiggery pokery getting the maf and top of airbox out, but no dodgy bolts so cant complain
anyway had a look at the maf and it looks brand new inside the sensor chamber, like clean as a whistle brand new clean,, neighbour said it didnt look that old,, so heres hoping one of the previous owners had it replaced,, nothing on the alfa service history, but that is only up to 92000,, car throttle is much more responsive with new filter in,,
gave her a good blast this evening :) :thumbs:
oil change next,, will keep you posted ,,
all the best to all at the forum;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts