Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help?

My alfa runs on 195/60/r15 tyres, and are in need of replacing, I do a lot of miles in all weathers and am wondering what other members find are the best. Your help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
count yourself lucky, for sure they'll be a good bit cheaper than the tyres I'm on (215/45/R17) for my 147.

For a tyre type, if money isn't an option, i've got to recommend the Goodyear Eagle F1's, they are awesome tyres. Probably cost you £100+ per tyre though.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Check to see if F1 tyres are available in that size. They are good. Another which you can get from Blackcircles is the Goodyear Excellence for about £60 to 65. Do a Google search for tyres and prices. Bound to be some bargains but don't do 'budgets'. they're not worth it.

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
For a tyre type, if money isn't an option, I've got to recommend the Goodyear Eagle F1's, they are awesome tyres. Probably cost you £100+ per tyre though.
Goodyear Excellence, about £50 each.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
are they just as good then? I don't really know, I ran goodyears on my last car, but since they were runflat tyres, they cost a fortune. But the 147 i bought has Eagle F1's on her boots, and i was told they were top notch?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had Eagle F1s on my first GT, they were excellent for all weather, all road and nice and quiet for motorway driving. Then i got 3 punctures :rolleyes: so had all 4 replaced for Yokohamas as recommended by Alfa dealer(!) - they were awful, very noisy, VDC was coming on all the time as they didn't seem to grip at all, even on a dry road and i'm not particularly into tyre design but they looked awful, like something you'd put on a combine harvester! On my new GT i've got Pirelli Pzero Rossos and I have no complaints at all, very quiet even on the 18" rims (the tyres are 225/40 R18), great in all weathers and i drive a mix of motorway and country roads every day and they never let me down. I have to really try to get the VDC to come on now just to check it still works! I don't think they are cheap (about £120 a corner for 18s but should be less for your 15s) but i would pay the extra over those horrible yokahamas any day.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
are they just as good then? I don't really know, I ran goodyears on my last car, but since they were runflat tyres, they cost a fortune. But the 147 i bought has Eagle F1's on her boots, and i was told they were top notch?
I've 225/45 17 F1 s on my GTV and yes they are very good. If you're paying £100 + then you're paying too much. My last pair were £160 for the two.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, would like the F1's, but not made for my wheel size. Ordered the goodyear excellence. Write-ups seem quite positive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had the Goodyear Excellence tyres fitted yesterday, and have done nearly 100 miles in both wet, dry and motorways. So far really pleased much quieter that the old bridgestones and traction control has hardly kicked in and car is feeling really stable especially in damp slippery conditions, so thanks Armoore for the recomendation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts