Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mito 1.4 2009 that has Blue&Me and also a usb media input for Windows Mobile and USB mass storage. However, I want to fit in an AUX 3.5mm input as i want to use my phone to play music.

After doing a ton of research i simply cannot find the correct AUX module that will work with the Bosch head unit. Majority of the AUX units on ebay and amazon specify that they only work with the Blaunkput headunit. However, i did not hesitate trying the AUX module that was for the Blaunkput headunit. So i bought one, and unsurprisingly, it did not work.

I have attached several images of my headunit along with the unit info, back connections and the AUX module i bought to try out (that did not work).

Can someone help me figure out what AUX module will work with this particular unit.

please

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Why not just stream the music via Bluetooth? And maybe invest in a car charger?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant use any bluetooth to listen to music (Blue&Me is only for calls and i cant use it for music). The only way i can listen to my personal music is via CD (frankly not an option as i will fill up my glove box with a ton of CD's) other method is to use a mass storage USB drive (again, not an option as i use spotify for my music).

The 2009 model mito did not come with a 3.5mm AUX input which is what i need. However as stated on the original post, my head unit is Bosch and most AUX modules that are available for the Mito only support the Blaunkput head unit even though they are similar.

What i need help with is identifying what AUX unit will work with my Bosch head unit.

Nevertheless, i have ordered a new AUX unit by YATOUR ( https://goo.gl/Spjvcc ). I am hoping this module will work with the Bosch system i have. I will update the post on whether or not it works. If it doesn't work, i will change the entire head unit to an aftermarket one as a last resort.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have Blaupunkt system which is slightly different in the sense that it doesn't have the usb input, i solved that by purchasing this; https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...a-cb34-4790-9249-ec9f152ee8e2&pf_rd_i=desktop.
it plugs into the CD changer port on the back and you can use an sd card, usb stick and most importantly aux. The issue with it is that you can't pause the music using the mute, you can use the volume buttons on the steering wheel however you can't change track. I believe the lolling system can but this is more than half the price of that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi,
I'm having same problem with my Mito´s Bosch head unit (Alfa 955 SB08 LOW PLUS) and aux. I was recommended by an alfisti to try this BT aux dongle. So I ordered one yesterday.

An other option to get aux working should be (not quite sure) the blue mini-ISO connector in the back of the Headunit. There are 3 pins needed: pin 18 (Aux ground), 19 (Aux input left) and 20 (Aux input right). I hope this will work and not misleading anyone. Anyway, I just ordered pins for the blue housing and will try..

Regards
Zeipii

Edit on 4th SEPT: According to an experiment today, AUX connection direct to the pins 18-20 is not working with Bosch headunit :depressed:.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts