Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 166 3.0 24v Sportronic. Manufactured in 2005 but first registered in May 2007, in Singapore. Now has 83,500 klms. Beautiful looking car and interior has a nice immage. The car is in Dark Blue with light grey interior. Goes very well, but has quite a number of problem in the electrical department, which I am in the process of sorting. Is this a weakness on these cars?. Also the Walnut wood effect trim is starting to show signes of wear or neglect. I would like to know if there are any upgrades I can do to the car, to bring it up to date with later models?. Face lifts and mechanicals. Also I belive there are various ways toinprove Performance and Ride quality. i.e. Lowering springs, better shock absorbers, exhaust system, upgrade crank shaft, remaping etc., What advice would any member suggest.
This is my first car ever into the Alfa Romeo family, after many other British and European cars, over many years.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Well earache,
IMHO you have just made the best purchase of your life.however you may know better and I am jist a wee bitty biased.

However if there was a eally good 166 advert it wood be along the lines of

basf dear john ad - YouTube

and if you want to know what you have gotten into read the first bit of

Alfa 166 | Long Term Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express

anyway ..welcome to our wee part of the alfa pool.

Alfa 166 | Long Term Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express

Loads of guid info on here .
So did it lie in a showroom for 2 years or like the 2009or thereabouts ones get stuck steaming on circles in the Indian Ocean until someone made a descision.

Pomeo

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,166 Posts
Thought 'earache' was what you got when you got another 166 pomeo.:cheese:

Anyway Eric:rolleyes:

Is the 166 right hand or left hand drive and is it a pre face lift car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts