Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for beng rude and asking for help without saying hi properly, but I've been planning on getting an Alfa for a while now (missing part of my education ... Lol) anyhow, events have somewhat overtaken me assume pollock wrote off my 328 sport on Friday so I need a car tomorrow ... Lol. Talked to autolusso today who suggested the diesel gt is the one to go for
So, it's a bit earlier than I wanted but for my budget I have (around 6k) I can get the following, a 30k 06 black one for £6500, a 52k 05 one for £5995 or a 78k 07 blackline for £6300. Absolutely love the blackline but the mileage is a tad high. Which one would you get, they all have full service history
Thanks for any help, and apologies for just jumping in again

·
Registered
624 Posts
I just love rude gits bit like myself. I have a petrol GT but have owned Diesel 156s and have a Diesel 159 with 100k on the clock and still running like a dream.

Right here we go, The blackline will have had the belts and water pump done at 72K miles but check first. The other two belts should be done at 5 years if not changed at 72k miles.

It is down to personal choice and how much mileage do you plan doing, or how long are you planning to keep the car.

You say you Love the Blackline, there is your answer, go for it if you dont you will only regret it, it has the Bose system which i find is magic.

Get down to that garage for it opening with your cash in your mitt and buy that car, black leather/red stitching very nice, if you dod not have a bird with a car like that you will soon get one.

Best of Luck

G

·
0 Posts
06 30k black one for £6500 is a very good price. What wheels and colour leather does it have etc? I had a Blackline, very nice car but there was something I didn't like about it and I think it may have been the alloys, not my favourite design. If you do decent mileage then you may be put off by the Blackline which is understandable You can have mine for £6500 if you want. 55 plate, FSH, cambelt done, 50k, bluetooth, silver, 18" alloys, leather, remapped, 12 months tax blah blah blah :lol:

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Sorry about the bloomin written off 328 (BMW?).

I have a GT diesel in Nero Metallic. I simply love it.
I would make sure the cambelt service is done if it needs it, but other than that - enjoy :thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
You would struggle to get a Brera for £6k and the cheapest would have to be a 2.2 JTS and most want diesel nowadays. Plus as stunning as the Brera is, the GT is that bit more practical hence why it out sold the Brera (it also has the 1.9 which the Brera lacked for fuel economy and no DPF). I personally would love a Brera but the back seats or lack of put an end to that for me sadly

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have GT diesel and with the 6 speed box and strong engine, it has lots of torque, pull on to the motorway in 4th and it oozes steady power. 43-47 mpg too, i do a mix of urban/dual carriageway driving everyday. engine noise is very low above 45mph, and dead quiet at 80mph. Of course if you were running a 2.8 bmw, then you may still fanct the big petrol engines.. I would if it wasnt a car for every day use. Enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Guys, thanks for all the replies :)
Anyhow, got a 55 1.9 diesel GT in light metallic blue with grey leather, 62k mils with the cambelt done and wishbones plus other stuff, 4 new tyres and mint for £5250 .. pleased as punch .. will get pictures up as soon as I pick it up
Thanks again

Oh, and yes the 328 was a BM, which Ive had far too many of .. time to try the red pill :lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Light metallic blue? Same as mine which would be the Gabbiadino blue (it will say on sticker inside boot lid).
Mine is also a 55 plate 1.9 JTD. Having a few bits done, timing belt etc. but lovely motors. Good choice!!!
I have pics on here, click on link on my profile etc etc.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You would struggle to get a Brera for £6k and the cheapest would have to be a 2.2 JTS and most want diesel nowadays. Plus as stunning as the Brera is, the GT is that bit more practical hence why it out sold the Brera (it also has the 1.9 which the Brera lacked for fuel economy and no DPF). I personally would love a Brera but the back seats or lack of put an end to that for me sadly
Totally agree. But when I tried the 2.2 Brera I liked it a lot - Maybe because the engine is lighter. Stupid rear seats put me off too. They are getting cheap though, which may get tempting with the cost of fuel. pebisit - Nice colour, enjoy.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Hi Guys, thanks for all the replies :)
Anyhow, got a 55 1.9 diesel GT in light metallic blue with grey leather, 62k mils with the cambelt done and wishbones plus other stuff, 4 new tyres and mint for £5250 .. pleased as punch .. will get pictures up as soon as I pick it up
Thanks again

Oh, and yes the 328 was a BM, which Ive had far too many of .. time to try the red pill :lol::lol:
Sounds like Dijon Blue, mine was in Dijon :)

I'm currently in the 2.4 Brera as yet un mapped but I love it, and I have to agree with my fellow Alfista on here the GT is much more practical than the Brera and with better fuel ecenomy than the Brera.

Now if you want some real fun with the GT I'd reccomend a custom remap, it's a completely different package after an engine map ;)

Well done on taking the red pill and welcome to AO :thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Think it is Dijon blue, it's much brighter than the other blue mentioned here :) reminds me of estoril blue on my old m3, sort of what you'd call an electric blue, I guess
Will definitely be looking into getting it mapped .. Any recommendations ?
And thanks again for all the nice comments and help, there seems to be a friendly bunch in here :)

·
Banned
57,288 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well done on taking the red pill and welcome to AO :thumbs:[/QUOTE]

I also went from BM325 coupe to 156V6 a while ago - can I have a red pill too please?:lol:
You'll need a remap to get anywhere near on terms with performance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts