Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I recently bought an alfa GT. Was on holiday for couple of weeks and came back to a flat battery. I replaced Battery and than it started showing an immobiliser failure.

I disconnected battery and left it for few days and added some fuel by can as was on the lowside. Now its showing intertia switch activated and engine management light stays on.

Not sure where the switch is located. will it be under the carpet under the footwells?

Has anyone had simmilar problems. any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated.

it is my first alfa purchase!!!!!

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Inertia same as fuel cut off I assume, if so, is located in the passenger footwell, left side above the trim...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response

Iv located the cut off switch

still getting the immobiliser failure and engine management light staying on. Battery is new and sufficant fuel in car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i resolved the same probleme

hi
first im not an english men, i can't talk yet but i have some attitude:cool:
i had the same probleme in my alfa gt 2007 jtd, i open the releay box i moved littel bit the fuse,and the same time i put off the batterie and i linked the + and - of the car(NOT THE + and - OF THE BATTERIE)it's a way to discharge the capacitors of the ecu unit...
after 45min i put the batterie back and tight the wirings(+ an -)i fire up,and it work:thumbs:
good luck _____bob

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response bob.

Il try that later and maybe even disconnect the fuse relay and try and reconnect

Although am not sure if will work as the engine management light is on

Will keep you posted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts