Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help from someone who has experience with the later 156 2.5 model made 2003 with ecu 0261 207 597

wiring diagram says pin 57 plug A to ecu is the maf signal and that from the maf its the Green wire.
On my ecu pin 57A is yellow/white

What i need to know is that pin 57A is the maf signal wire as it shows it is on the earlier 156 2.5 model , i cant see any reason why they would change the pin layout for the ecu but they are italians so you never know.

Any thoughts / Help would be great

Thanks

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I take it you are doing continuity test with multiplugs disconnected and you are inserting meter probes into the front of terminals. If so are you sure you are getting continuity onto the terminals? For small terminals, I sometimes use a few strands of spare wire to make sure it is connecting rather than forcing meter probes in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I take it you are doing continuity test with multiplugs disconnected and you are inserting meter probes into the front of terminals. If so are you sure you are getting continuity onto the terminals? For small terminals, I sometimes use a few strands of spare wire to make sure it is connecting rather than forcing meter probes in.
Im using needles

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Seems i am going to have a hard time , my maf to ecu connections are completely different to all on eLearn.
So all i can do is hope that ned or guss or someone can tell me the Maf Signal Output wire colour (Ecu 0261 207 597)
Or if anyone can tell me how to detect which wire is the signal .

Wire colours on my Maf plug .. White/Black // Red/White // White // Red/White // Green/Black

eLearn states Maf to Ecu pins are 25A / 54A / 57A / 63A / last wire goes to fuel vapour solenoid

My car's Maf to Ecu are 2A / 8A / 12A /17A / 33A / 40A / 63A (leaves me confused)

So if you can help me find the Maf signal wire colour on maf plug please please help

:titanic:

I have also noticed on the pins plug A in the pic are numbered differently 1 at the top instead of bottom

its the latest elearn i could find and the lastest ecu diagrams . still no clue :blabla:

Ignore my doodle markings on the ecu plan pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems i am going to have a hard time , my maf to ecu connections are completely different to all on eLearn.
So all i can do is hope that ned or guss or someone can tell me the Maf Signal Output wire colour (Ecu 0261 207 597)
Or if anyone can tell me how to detect which wire is the signal .

Wire colours on my Maf plug .. White/Black // Red/White // White // Red/White // Green/Black

eLearn states Maf to Ecu pins are 25A / 54A / 57A / 63A / last wire goes to fuel vapour solenoid

My car's Maf to Ecu are 2A / 8A / 12A /17A / 33A / 40A / 63A (leaves me confused)

So if you can help me find the Maf signal wire colour on maf plug please please help

:titanic:

I have also noticed on the pins plug A in the pic are numbered differently 1 at the top instead of bottom

its the latest elearn i could find and the lastest ecu diagrams . still no clue :blabla:

Ignore my doodle markings on the ecu plan pic
Did you ever figure out the ECU pinout on the CF3? I'm having a hard time doing so myself...eLearn is completely out of date and only shows CF2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts