Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shes due a service now which is no probs but shes also due in around 6k a cam belt change so was wondering if i should get the service done and then in a few months do the cam belt as to spread the cost! what are your thoughts peeps?:confused:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
It might be slightly cheaper to get them done together... Not a huuge amount though, I wouldn't have thought.

Depends if it's more inconvenient to be without your car twice.

How old are the belts, out of interest? There's a 3-year time limit too...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They quoted me ( if done together ) £100 service basic i asume and £350 belts variator etc so £450 but i also think new plugs may be in order an extra £100? . Belts done 2008 @ 49k now on 78k

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think common sense is your friend here.

P.S make your topic description a little better next time.
I dont seem to have any thats why iam asking for advice doh! p.s the title box never shows the full title on the home page if a little long hence I shortened it! but thanks for the advice

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
P.S make your topic description a little better next time.[/QUOTE]

i thought it was straight to the point :p
help advice what more u want:thumbs:

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
i thought we are on this site to help not criticise fellow members :eek:
some members are not sure so they ask for help ,if im not sure i ask as well :cool:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i thought we are on this site to help not criticise fellow members :eek:
some members are not sure so they ask for help ,if im not sure i ask as well :cool:
Dave unfortunatly some (a tiny number) seem to criticise or demonstrate sarcasm which ive never understood :tut: Ive asked loads its how we all learn and have always received superb advice invaluable at times! Iam certainly not thick just like to weigh up opinions/options and make the best choice! rant over:)

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Might be worth doing the two jobs at the same time.

I just spent mucho dinero for an unavoidable job on the V6, and only after collecting found out that the work had involved removing the intake plenum. Wish I'd known, I'd have got them to do the spark plugs while the rear plugs were accessible. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might be worth doing the two jobs at the same time.

I just spent mucho dinero for an unavoidable job on the V6, and only after collecting found out that the work had involved removing the intake plenum. Wish I'd known, I'd have got them to do the spark plugs while the rear plugs were accessible. :rolleyes:
Cheers for the advice all :thumbs: i think all things considered peace of mind and slightly less £ is the way to go then i can sitback and wait for the next wallet emptier:rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
P.S make your topic description a little better next time.
help advice what more u want:thumbs:[/QUOTE]

ok. my bad. next time i have an issue with my car ill just name the thread.... advice needed.... i need help.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
help advice what more u want:thumbs:
ok. my bad. next time i have an issue with my car ill just name the thread.... advice needed.... i need help.:thumbs:[/QUOTE]

It worked for me we all live and learn now dont we:thumbs:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts