Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my beloved 156 jtds has developed an increasing oil leak that

has all the symptoms of a pressurised cra nkcase but despite the manual illustrating a breather system i can not locate this in my engine bay. It is a 2001 sportwagon, which i believe is a cf2 model with approx 150 bhp. Can anyone help? Thanks Captain Boogaloo. PS happy new year to everyone on the forum!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
taken from a different angle ...

the crank case breather feeds into the air intake into the turbo ... follow the small tube (25mm diameter) from the just to the right of the turbo up and you'll see it poke into the front of the engine at the top (you'll need to remove the plastic cover obviously)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
fyi CF2 was the 136bhp version. CF3 is the 140/150 version which was 2001+ (IIRC)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris, thanks so much for replying. Loving your pics of the 156! Looks fantastic. I guess you would recommend the AHM remap? It is on my wishlist for my black sportwagon, which has so far had poly bushes,
eibach antiroll bars, an alloy undertray, front upper and lower rear strut braces, Koni springs and FSDs, aeroquip brake hoses, yellow ebc pads, q2 diff, stainless decatted exhaust, alfa rear bumper spoiler, cadamuro front grill, black gta type front lights and a front splitter from a seat leon cupra. Oh and 16" alfa multispoke wheels with goodyear f1 tyres. I would be very interested to know what tyres you run? All the best Captain Boogaloo

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbs:Chris, thanks so much for replying. Loving your pics of the 156! Looks fantastic. I guess you would recommend the AHM remap? It is on my wishlist for my black sportwagon, which has so far had poly bushes,
eibach antiroll bars, an alloy undertray, front upper and lower rear strut braces, Koni springs and FSDs, aeroquip brake hoses, yellow ebc pads, q2 diff, stainless decatted exhaust, alfa rear bumper spoiler, cadamuro front grill, black gta type front lights and a front splitter from a seat leon cupra. Oh and 16" alfa multispoke wheels with goodyear f1 tyres. I would be very interested to know what tyres you run? All the best Captain Boogaloo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts