Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can help me, I have a 1750 Alfa 159 Tbi, due to a pothole on the terrible roads in Bury and some wear and tear I suspect my left rear spring snapped.

I took it to National Tyres as I needed a quick turnaround and they were the closest garage that could get the parts.

They did the work and put the wrong springs on, the back of my car is so much higher than the front, then they told me its because you need to break the springs in it should go lower after some driving, i needed the car urgently so I drove away albeit very suspicious.
My understanding is that this model is lower as standard anyway..

I went back explained that the work done is incorrect and then they said they would get the parts imported and it would cost £220 per spring... which was hard to believe.
I did some research and I think this is the part I need - apex lowering kit (30mm) alfa romeo 159 1.9 jts 2.2 jts 1.9 jtd-m 05>

Can anyone advise or weigh in on this please? I would really appreciate it.

Best regards,
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can help me, I have a 1750 Alfa 159 Tbi, due to a pothole on the terrible roads in Bury and some wear and tear I suspect my left rear spring snapped.

I took it to National Tyres as I needed a quick turnaround and they were the closest garage that could get the parts.

They did the work and put the wrong springs on, the back of my car is so much higher than the front, then they told me its because you need to break the springs in it should go lower after some driving, i needed the car urgently so I drove away albeit very suspicious.
My understanding is that this model is lower as standard anyway..

I went back explained that the work done is incorrect and then they said they would get the parts imported and it would cost £220 per spring... which was hard to believe.
I did some research and I think this is the part I need - apex lowering kit (30mm) alfa romeo 159 1.9 jts 2.2 jts 1.9 jtd-m 05>

Can anyone advise or weigh in on this please? I would really appreciate it.

Best regards,
Dan
159's springs are prone to breaking unfortunately. Many people replace them with Eibach springs when they get the chance.

Not sure about the exact model of your car, if you have a TI (lowered) model then it is factory lowered by around 20-25mm. Eibach springs lower it by 25-30 mm, so slightly more. With a TBI every mm maters as the undertray sits quite low on them.

The price you were quoted seems high. As an example (not affiliated with the stores):
Alfa Romeo 159 Springs

And for Eibach:
Alfa 159 Tieferlegungsfedern - Eibach ProKit Federnsatz - Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts