Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Recently, the airbag light turned on for no apparent reason on my 04' 2.0 156 selespeed. My best guess is that the connectors got knocked loose as I was adjusting my seat.
So I followed a tutorial on another thread on how to get rid of the light but it's just not happening for me :/ I have tried disconnectiing the connectors under the seat and spraying it with wd-40 and connecting them again but had no luck.

I've got the KKL connector and the red airbag ECU adaptor hooked up to the car and it's able to connect but a red flashing light (Latency too high) comes up on my laptop screen as soon as it does. Also the 156 Selespeed has ALLIED airbags on Multiecuscan however software tells me that my car has SIEMENS so I had to connect to the 2.0 TS 16V module.

The fault is read and I hit clear faults but nothings happens.
Any suggestions on how to turn the light off would be greatly appreciated!

A side note that I'm not game to try disconnecting the battery for 30min and connecting the leads again because I don't have the key codes on me :(

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
A side note that I'm not game to try disconnecting the battery for 30min and connecting the leads again because I don't have the key codes on me :(
Disconnecting the battery DOES NOT loose key codes!!
All it may do is require a code to unlock the radio.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
it will only go out if the fault has gone, if it remains it will still show as a fault. Elcectrcial contact cleaner is needed rather than WD40.

Do other functions work with latancy too high? Mine says that from time to time but still works, but it can be altered, click into settings and alter the speeds in there.

HTH

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'm taking it to for a service tomorrow anyways because the cylinder 2 & 4 are misfiring. I think the shop will be able to sort me out.
Yes purple145, the latency didn't seem to affect the diagnostics. Turns out I had to connect to the 02' JTS Selespeed instead of just the 156 Selespeed module.
Error code 21 - Curtain airbag squib (driver) came up on the computer. Says below that: "the airbag activating circuit indicated by the code is shorted to Ground. This may be cause be faulty circuit, Squib or ECU."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts