Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*UPDATE*

After replacing my N/S headlight bulb it has become apparent that the alignment of said light is off! Starting to think I've installed the bulb in the wrong orientation? The flange on the bulb has a flat along one side, i've oriented that to the top, is this right? Can anyone advise the correct orientation?

Cheers

·
Registered
270 Posts
The tab should go to the top, however make sure that the bulb is seated properly. It is easy to get the spring back on but still have the bulb out of position.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I have had the same problem which ended up causing me to fail my MOT. They are very easy to seat incorrectly which is what makes them become misalligned

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. Had the bulb out yesterday, orientation was OK so put it back in. Alignment seems OK now so wondering if it wasn't seated properly? Who knows!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Had the same with mine. In Holland last week the n/s headlight blew so had to do a roadside replacement - then it appeared that the light was going straight up instead of out front! - although it appeared to seat and fit correctly. Removed and reseated and its fine. Easy to mis-alighn!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I've had the same problem with both of mine in the last couple of months, but rather than remove them and re-seat them correctly I just used the alignment screws to point them in roughly the right direction :rolleyes: Lazy.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've had the same problem with both of mine in the last couple of months, but rather than remove them and re-seat them correctly I just used the alignment screws to point them in roughly the right direction :rolleyes: Lazy.
The problem with doing that is that the filament is way off the focal point of the reflector. This gives 2 problems;
1) You will have no shape to the beam meaning no focus and poor performance.
2) You will be creating huge amounts of glare for oncoming drivers.

Best to get the bulbs seated correctly and reaim the lamps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts