Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
4 days into ownership and I have a split lower hose. They are impossible to find in NZ, so I am lookeing nline.
My question is does the autolusso GTA pipework fit? At first glance of the pics I would say no.

https://newalfaparts.co.uk/cooling-...-147-156-gta-32-v6-silicone-hose-kit-red.html

That leaves me with the K8 brand from Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/K8-...793040928.html?spm=2114.search0302.4.2.MOEGNw

Ive heard good and bad reports about aliexpress product, but cant find any info. The price is good, and maybe as an experiment I should try it, but hose changing is a job I only want to do once.
Maybe in the interests of reviewing the K8 stuff, i should order it anyway.
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
957 Posts
4 days into ownership and I have a split lower hose. They are impossible to find in NZ, so I am lookeing nline.
My question is does the autolusso GTA pipework fit? At first glance of the pics I would say no.

https://newalfaparts.co.uk/cooling-...-147-156-gta-32-v6-silicone-hose-kit-red.html

That leaves me with the K8 brand from Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/K8-...793040928.html?spm=2114.search0302.4.2.MOEGNw

Ive heard good and bad reports about aliexpress product, but cant find any info. The price is good, and maybe as an experiment I should try it, but hose changing is a job I only want to do once.
Maybe in the interests of eviewing the K8 stuff, i should order it anyway.
Your thoughts?
Have you called Autolusso in the uk, they didn't have one when mine split, but often have stuff like this?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've ordered a few car parts from aliexpress and they were fine, but not radiator hoses. You might find that the Autolusso silicon comes from the K8 factory. I see the postage is significant, by Aliexpress standards, so you might get it quickly. In the mean time you could use silicon tape. It's heat resistant and basically vulcanises to itself to form a watertight bond.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've ordered a few car parts from aliexpress and they were fine, but not radiator hoses. You might find that the Autolusso silicon comes from the K8 factory. I see the postage is significant, by Aliexpress standards, so you might get it quickly. In the mean time you could use silicon tape. It's heat resistant and basically vulcanises to itself to form a watertight bond.

I ordered Roose Motorsports hose set with stainless clamps, more expensive than Aliexpress, but its on the way now.

I am thinking about ordering the K8 set in the near future just for the sake of reviewing it, plus there are a couple of hoses I would like in that set also.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Nope, but when you do .... let us know if they are any good :)
To be honest they are so cheap its probably worth the risk. Would be comforting to know if someone else had them fitted. Its not something that can be slightly out of shape/size really.

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I wonder if the 3.2 hoses are identical too .... though Pud had a set of blue hoses if i recall correctly for sale.. used..

but fancy an orange set so if you order lets start a group buy

·
Registered
314 Posts
Very good price, Im not sure what the 2 smaller diameter pipes are for, one of them looks too long for the heater matrix feed? Assuming these are coming from outside EU so dont forget to work out the import duty on them. The 3.2 hoses are different because the 2.5 has the coolant tank on the left side.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Very good price, Im not sure what the 2 smaller diameter pipes are for, one of them looks too long for the heater matrix feed? Assuming these are coming from outside EU so dont forget to work out the import duty on them. The 3.2 hoses are different because the 2.5 has the coolant tank on the left side.
Import duty is a bit hit and miss. I find if i get stuff by TNT i tend to avoid it, but by China Air Post I have always been stung.

I think the shorter of the smaller pipes is the coolant bottle return pipe. The other one i think goes on the back of thermostat housing. I would guess?

I cannot believe no-one else has fitted these, so i'm going to wait and see if someone comes along. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: maxiboy wales
1 - 10 of 10 Posts