Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help! My old 147 (51 plate t spark 2litre) has started making a scraping noise really suddenly on the rear back drivers side wheel! I'm not a confident driver and not sure what to do! Hubby used to sort car but we've split so I need to sort it?? Any ideas?? Thanks

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
When does it scrape?

When driving, when braking, when turning?

Doe it make any noises if you push the rear of the car down?

Does it get better/worse with speed?

Do you have a mechanic/garage that you usually use?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It started really suddenly close to my house so I didn't hear it for long. It was happening when driving and when I was parking - even when I had to reverse a bit. Not tried to push car down - I had my 3 kids so couldn't really concentrate and it was dark. I haven't ever taken it to a garage myself. Hubby's always had mates sort it for him but I can't use them. There is a tyre place near me - would they know if I took it there?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
There is a tyre place near me - would they know if I took it there?
They'll most likely be happy to take a look for you - most tyre places I know will do wheels/tyres/brakes/suspension etc.

Where in the UK are you? I'm sure there will be some people here who can recommend a reliable reputable garage to you.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Does it look like the body on that side is much closer to the wheel than on the other side of the car, it may be the seat for the road spring has collapsed given the age of the car. If thats the case it would be best not to drive it.
Of course it could just be a sticking brake, loose exhaust or something equally "simple".

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
It could be something as simple as a small stone stuck between the disc and disc back plate or any of those above. Do you have a friends husband who might look at it for you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. I will see if I can get some advice from my friends hubby and take it to tyre place. It sounds like it could be a stone......will update tomorrow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts