Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every.

Need some help, im looking at doing abit of tuning and styling to my lovely 147 1.6ts 2002 lusso.

I dont wanna spend a mass amount of money, as im hopefully getting a 159sw in about a 2 years. But this is what i was thinking

1)new alloys 17" (gta style or multispokes off partsworld)
2)new exhaust, i want something thats gonna sound nice but not chazzy?!
3)lowering (should i go for new shocks and springs or just lowering springs)?
also i want to get rid of some of the bodyroll, would the above help this? Or do i need a antibar?
4) tinted rear windows
5) would a air induction kit help at all?
6) Is remapping worth it on a 1.6?
7) Can you get the satin/chrome wing mirror covers for the 147?

Ino some of these above items could be quite expensive, but any help on the best way to go toward, where to start in my little project, and what i could expect to pay would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
222 Posts
1. Try and stick to alfa wheels to keep the aesthetic, i have GTA teledials on my 147, look here : http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/175563-finally-got-my-teledials-repainted-and-fitted.html i paid £250 for mine but with shot tyres and needing a refurb

2. Go for a CSC back box from ebspares.co.uk = £166

3. For aesthetics some say a 30-40mm drop on spring only is fine, but you may find yourself replacing the standard dampers a lot quicker so a full setup is preferred. Springs = £100

4. dependent on car colour really, im not a fan, a light smoke at most on dark colours i'd say

5. only really for induction roar i.e noise. yes it will 'free up revs' people will say but most kits sit too near the manifold and are subject to heat soak.

6. probably not, will u see an benefit? yes but the £ : bhp ratio isn't worth it.

7. you certainly can, £26.99 +vat each from your local alfa stealer, part no's are 156079381

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have done the following ;

Wheels, GTA = £1000
Lowered, shocks and springs + fitting = £1000
Exhaust + fitting = £200

so if you do a proper job you are looking a quite a bit, unless you can source second hand parts and do the fttting yourself.

I think what I have done is all that needs doing to an alfa.. keep it subtle.

My other plans are ( as recommded by people off here) a GTA spolier and clear side repeaters.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/174647-my-clean-147-a.html

·
Registered
222 Posts
Kona, you have red leather you swine! lol i wanted red in mine but settled for heated tan leather instead, looking good, im considering coilovers for mine, and im awaiting my gta spoiler from italy, should be here next week :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your help kona21 and jaybeerax, im gonna see what the paychecks like at the end of this month and probably buy alloys first, been through ebay and made a nice list of the things i like the look of.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kona, you have the csc back box or full system? if so whats the sound like on your 147 1.6ts lusso, is it loud or does it give a nice sound?

·
Registered
65 Posts
i have just the back box.. it seems to be a popular choice of back box on here.. am still considering the centre section ..

if you search csc back box on here you will get more reviews, but i am happy with mine, its not to loud at all, gives quite a deep sound. Not at all like the chavvy corsa's you hear.
Some people say its 'boomey' on motorways but if you keep below 70mph its hardly noticeable.

i would go for the alloys first, they can really make a car. You will have to post some pics up :thumbs:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've done the following:

1. 17" GT multi-spokes - Teledial types suit the car better though, but I took the 1st best deal I found, still look great though! £200 plus new tyres £200
2. Oval exhaust trim - No point spending big bucks, on a small engined car, an exhaust is a waste of time! Why spend £200 when £20 will look as good!
3. Red leather seats - teh sex! £100 off ebay!
4. OEM Aluminium pedals, got the ones with the horizontal rubber, £50, prefer the cloverleaf ones...
5. Ti badge £7, hardly M3 territory, IMO a bit of colour on the back makes the car look great, the badge is meaningless anyway.

To do:

1. Satin mirrors - part no 156079381 and 156079370 - £50 for both!
2. Embossed plates, £20 off ebay, already made and waiting to be put on!
3. GT centre console - really rare but I believe its a stright swap, would really lift the interior!
4. Slight tint, jet black looks horrible and not very classy or "alfa"

Not bothered with lowering the car though although would make the car look a lot nicer, but a bit expensive!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers Kamran, i really like those 17" multi spokes, where did you purchase yours from? if you dont mind me asking. ive seen them off partsworld website but quite expensive.

red leather seats v.nice but i dont think they will the colour of my car (gabinio blue) was considering going down to autolusso to see if they could change the cloth i have for black leather.

satin mirrors do they fit any model mines a 2002 52? also

ive considered getting the chrome exhaust trim off partsworld but it says it fits face lift models only are they that differant?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts