Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help please ?????????

My much loved 147 jtd mjet is stuck on my drive and wont start.
In the last two days i have experienced a loss of power when pulling away on about 3 occassions. These were similar to when you try and pull away in 3rd gear by mistake but only lasted for about 30 seconds then each time the power and performance returned to normal.
Knew something was wrong and was about to get it booked in somewhere but now it wont start.
I can turn the key as normal wait for the glow plug lights to go out and the engine fires up as normal but then between 2-5 seconds later just cuts out altogether.
I have no error codes at all and have also done a scan with a code reader showing no errors.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a reconditioned EGR six months ago after having loss of power problems and limp home mode. The new egr cured this but the car always started, now it wont start

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could this be caused by a sensor, Crank or Cam Shaft or would the car still start with these faults ?????
Had a brand new battery in January so its not that. What about fuel/diesel pump how could i test ??????

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cleaned EGR it wasn't that blocked and still no joy with starting.
Anyone got any ideas, i'll need to get it towed to a garage not sure where to take it, im in Walsall, West Mids.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts