Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take my spider on track, but ive been told I must wear a helmet as its a convertable. The track dont rent them out and I dont want to buy one.

Do all tracks not rent them out or just Santa Pod? If so thats a royal pain as a good one isnt cheap!

Cheers

Jay

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Thats a pain in the arse! Turn up in a cycle helmet! If I was you I would buy the cheapest one I could find and have some fun:cool:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just had a look on ebay, and they do them for about £30, not bad to save your heeed

or stop that pidgeon hitting you in the face!!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
or stop that pidgeon hitting you in the face!!
Hehe! Anyway who cares about saving your head just have some fun sod the health and safety do gooders

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
something like this should be fine, £50, its open face and a visor if needed (although can imagine i would but its only an extra fiver with it)

Box JX-1 Silver

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don't mean to be a do gooder as such, but if they require it, why not get one that will really protect you and not cost a fortune. Ebayers are selling gold standard helmets for £30. bett that than a bucket of goo on your shoulders?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't mean to be a do gooder as such, but if they require it, why not get one that will really protect you and not cost a fortune. Ebayers are selling gold standard helmets for £30. bett that than a bucket of goo on your shoulders?
i dont have an issue with wearing one, its more that i cant borrow or rent one from where tracks...

i know nothing about helmets so i guess is gold standard a quality sign to look for?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I know mate we are all here to help:thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Good call mate, how are you going to know what size you are though if you order off the net and carnt try before you buy?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they have sizes on the website and how to measure your head so you buy one that fits. if i look like a fat kid trapped in a lift door, you know ive measured wrong!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
they have sizes on the website and how to measure your head so you buy one that fits. if i look like a fat kid trapped in a lift door, you know ive measured wrong!
:cheese: :lol: :cheese: :lol: :cheese:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
its best to buy one as although some places do hire them out, by the time you've done a few track days you might as well have bought one in the first place.

Many track dayers' I know use an old motorcycle helmet.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its best to buy one as although some places do hire them out, by the time you've done a few track days you might as well have bought one in the first place.

Many track dayers' I know use an old motorcycle helmet.
you dont need to wear them in a car with a metal roof though, i assume, so after i change from a convertable ill have this helmet, have to make the most of it while i have the spider.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I've never been on a track but i bet if i did, people would soon call me a helmet.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts